Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • riccardos
    • By riccardos 20th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    riccardos
    Letter before claim from Gladstones sollicitors
    • 20th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    Letter before claim from Gladstones sollicitors 20th Mar 18 at 11:39 AM
    Hi everybody,

I recently received a letter before claim from gladstones sollicitors on behalf of P4 Parking Uk Ltd for 2 (fake) parking fines received at the beginning of the year.

Let me first explain my situation, I live in a private new development with assigned parking spaces and since my job (cab driver) requires me to have a car, I have been parking in non used (nobody has bought them yet) spaces for the past months, ignoring all the fake PCN and the consequent letters. Now, in this letter they are asking for 320£ from 2 fines, even though I have received probably more than 10 fines throughout the months. Moreover, I am aware that P4 has never bought anybody to court and even if they decide to take me to court it is not a big deal for me because I am an Italian citizen and I am not planning to reside in the Uk for much longer (I will probably move back in a year time).

Hence, what should I do?

Keep ignoring the letters from gladstones as they are bluffing ? Or develop a different strategy to cope with it?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 20th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 5,521 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 20th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    I have been parking in non used (nobody has bought them yet) spaces
    Though you might think they don't belong to anyone, they do. All property is owned by someone. You should avoid parking there again and picking up any more tickets.

Check who the LBCC says to pay and which parking company?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 10,005 Posts
    • 9,834 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 20th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    Check who the LBCC says to pay and which parking company?
    When IamEmanresu says the above, he doesn't mean you should pay...

He means if it's Debt Recovery Plus then it's just a DRP letter. Ignore that one, covered literally all over the forum if you search Gladstones Debt letter and change the default to 'SHOW POSTS' never 'threads'. Read all the other threads exactly the same, no-one pays.

We suggest you read the NEWBIES thread post #2 about robustly replying to pre-court letters (if you get an actual LBCCC with reply paperwork attached) asking for evidence and photos and making it clear you are no pushover.

Some PPCs never sue, so who is the parking firm?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 20th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    • 8,448 Posts
    • 32,908 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 20th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    • P4PARKING (UK) LTD.

06751164 - Incorporated on 17 November 2008
      Suite 406 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
    • P4PARKING LIMITED

SC410650 - Incorporated on 4 November 2011
      Box 15688 Ichmuir Road, Bathgate, Scotland, EH48 9BS
    Clarify, please, op - and don't call them 'fines', in any shape or form.
    Private parking scumpanies cannot issue 'fines'. Only police, local authorities and British Transport police can do so.

You are dealing with speculative invoices.
    #
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• riccardos
    • By riccardos 17th Apr 18, 1:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    riccardos
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:34 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:34 PM
    thank you very much guys for your replies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

988Posts Today

6,991Users online

Martin's Twitter