Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NurseRhi
    • By NurseRhi 19th Mar 18, 6:25 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    NurseRhi
    PCN in own car park, please help!
    • 19th Mar 18, 6:25 PM
    PCN in own car park, please help! 19th Mar 18 at 6:25 PM
    Hi,

I have read a lot of the FAQ threads and advice but would like to confirm I'm doing the right thing. There was a PCN on the car I am the registered keeper of on 10/2/18. I have unhelpfully ignored it until now due to frustration/being busy.

The car was parked in the car park behind my block of flats. Recently, we received permits and signs went up to inform us that Premier Park Ltd would be monitoring the car park.

Today I have received the notice to keeper. It seems to be in accordance with the paragraph of whatever, although unfortunately I can't find the original PCN to confirm that had all the required details.

There is a permit in the car, though it had slipped from the dashboard onto the floor.

I was planning to complete the appeal with the standardised template available on here, is that the correct thing to do?

Just wanted to clarify I don't need to do anything differently as the car was parked in the resident's car park of the flats which the keeper of the vehicle is resident in.

Hope this makes some sense!!
Page 2
    • NurseRhi
    • By NurseRhi 9th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NurseRhi
    Also at the POPLA appeal is it worth stating that there was a permit in the vehicle that had slipped?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Apr 18, 6:23 PM
    • 19,647 Posts
    • 24,942 Thanks
    Redx
    embed any photos supporting your case into the pdf before uploading it , once completed (same with any other evidence too)

do not rush this stage, but do not miss the popla deadline either (33 days max)

the 2000 word popla box is irrelevant

as I said previously , do not help the opposition, it is for them to prove their own case , so a statement that the permit was in the vehicle will suffice (once it was proven that a permit was in the vehicle the PPC should have cancelled, but there is no profit in cancellation)
    Last edited by Redx; 09-04-2018 at 6:25 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Also at the POPLA appeal is it worth stating that there was a permit in the vehicle that had slipped?
    Originally posted by NurseRhi
    No.

And embed all photos you want to rely on, like you see in the example POPLA appeals in the NEWBIES thread, read some, you will see how they should look. ONE DOCUMENT.
    • NurseRhi
    • By NurseRhi 9th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NurseRhi
    Re the contract giving me right to park - should I upload entire document, or just embed photo of paragraph relevant?

Thank you so much for all your help
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 7:17 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hmmm, I would do both, as POPLA are not good at this argument and might say if you show only one page, that they can't be sure what the lease says in other sections and/or whether it even relates to your property (is it clear or does it refer only to an old Plot number?).

You wanted to also know about the legalities? Use some of the words I used here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74113928#post74113928

See the stuff about the Landlord & Tenant Act, 75% consensus needed before imposing such a nuisance and it would need a formal variation of the lease.

You can also copy that letter & adapt it, to send a shot across the bows of your MA.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

840Posts Today

6,940Users online

Martin's Twitter