Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 19th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 4Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Should I wait for NTK given the signs were there?
    • 19th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    Should I wait for NTK given the signs were there? 19th Mar 18 at 3:10 PM
    Hi all, I have read through the previous questions, so apologies if I have missed something similar.

I know the advice is to wait for the NTK if the company was an IPC member, but I need to know if it is worth me even doing this, given that the signs were there and the driver was in so much of a rush that they simply didn't look. Is this one of those cases that should just be paid up and not bother trying to appeal?

Many thanks
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:44 PM.
Page 2
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 3,921 Posts
    • 4,720 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Yes, that you need to reread the newbies thread, which tells you the next steps following the inevitable rejection.
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 10th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    It looks like (unless I have missed something) that I do nothing now and just ignore anything that comes through regarding debt collection, etc. and that I should only act if I get a court claim through. Have I read this right?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Apr 18, 5:17 PM
    • 3,921 Posts
    • 4,720 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Or a letter before action
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 18, 1:13 AM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,533 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It looks like (unless I have missed something) that I do nothing now and just ignore anything that comes through regarding debt collection, etc. and that I should only act if I get a court claim through. Have I read this right?
    Originally posted by tuckervennie
    Yes, ignore the eejits and come back if you get a claim. We win 99% of them here.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 16th May 18, 2:40 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Got the letter now from Debt Recovery Plus. i think I am just ignoring right?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th May 18, 3:14 PM
    • 10,664 Posts
    • 11,049 Thanks
    KeithP
    That's right.
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 16th May 18, 4:07 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Scary! I am much more relaxed about me, but my step-son has one too and he's not been passed that long. Don't want to jeopardise his driving experience before it gets going.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 18, 5:44 PM
    • 20,238 Posts
    • 31,930 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Scary! I am much more relaxed about me, but my step-son has one too and he's not been passed that long. Don't want to jeopardise his driving experience before it gets going.
    Originally posted by tuckervennie
    Get him to sort it out then by studying the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, to start with, then to open a thread of his own if he needs more help from the forum.

Knowing he's beaten a driving-related scam will surely enhance rather than jeopardise his driving experience.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 18, 1:01 AM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,533 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    DRP letters are far from 'scary'! Read the 4th post & links in the NEWBIES sticky!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,177Users online

Martin's Twitter