Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 18th Mar 18, 1:51 AM
    • 39Posts
    • 11Thanks
    matrix11001
    Looking for a good Fitness Tracker
    • 18th Mar 18, 1:51 AM
    Looking for a good Fitness Tracker 18th Mar 18 at 1:51 AM
    Hi

I'm going back to the gym soon and am looking for a good fitness tracker. It needs to have heart monitoring (preferably built in and not with a chest strap). Also needs to have an accurate step counter/sleep monitor.

The classes I will be doing is body pump (weights), body combat (martial arts), spin (cycling) and various other classes such as Pilates.

Can anyone anyone recommend a good reasonable priced one or even a more expensive one as I'd like to keep costs low as I'm low income and want to monitor my fitness classes to improve my overall fitness and lose weight.

Thanks for your help
Page 2
    • Libby Miles
    • By Libby Miles 17th May 18, 10:59 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Libby Miles
    I use Samsung Health. There is: HR, steps, automatically detects activity e.g walk, run. You can count calories
    We can connect with Garmin .
    Last edited by Libby Miles; 17-05-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    • chucknorris
    • By chucknorris 25th May 18, 9:10 AM
    • 9,749 Posts
    • 14,520 Thanks
    chucknorris
    Hi

I'm going back to the gym soon and am looking for a good fitness tracker. It needs to have heart monitoring (preferably built in and not with a chest strap). Also needs to have an accurate step counter/sleep monitor.

The classes I will be doing is body pump (weights), body combat (martial arts), spin (cycling) and various other classes such as Pilates.

Can anyone anyone recommend a good reasonable priced one or even a more expensive one as I'd like to keep costs low as I'm low income and want to monitor my fitness classes to improve my overall fitness and lose weight.

Thanks for your help
    Originally posted by matrix11001
    I also do body pump classes, and I just can't see how a fitness tracker could be anywhere close to being accurate, because so much would depend upon the weights that you use. Your pump classes are probably similar to mine, in that, there is quite a range of different weights used by everyone for the same exercises. I also do weight training, hiking and cycling. I did try body combat which I thought was a very good calorie burner, but unfortunately it aggravated my running injury. I've just recently exceeded my target, I have lost over 11 kg in 7 months.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
    The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
    Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
    I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 26th May 18, 12:31 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    matrix11001
    I also do body pump classes, and I just can't see how a fitness tracker could be anywhere close to being accurate, because so much would depend upon the weights that you use. Your pump classes are probably similar to mine, in that, there is quite a range of different weights used by everyone for the same exercises. I also do weight training, hiking and cycling. I did try body combat which I thought was a very good calorie burner, but unfortunately it aggravated my running injury. I've just recently exceeded my target, I have lost over 11 kg in 7 months.
    Originally posted by chucknorris
    I can see your point there, but you can at least get a rough idea of what your burning which is probably all anyone needs.

Well done on the weight loss - that's excellent!
    • wishus
    • By wishus 26th May 18, 1:19 AM
    • 849 Posts
    • 5,471 Thanks
    wishus
    I love my Fitbit Alta. My OH has the HR version. I track swimming, but can't go swimming with it.
    Gonna get debt free, and live in a house in the countreeee!
    • London baby
    • By London baby 27th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 1,986 Thanks
    London baby
    I have a xiaomi mi 2 band for 15. Very pleased with it. It's waterproof, can receive call and text notification, calorie burner, step counts and sleep monitoring. Have never had a fitbit so can't compare but other consumer website reviews have all questioned why people pay more.

I would suggest getting a leather strap watch type replacement with a back clamp as the plastic one supplied wears away after awhile. I've nearly lost mine a few times because of this.
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 27th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    matrix11001
    I've bought the Fitbit Blaze, which overall is exactly what I needed. Managed to get one second hand for 80, so bargain. It can measure calories burned in Body Combat classes (used workout option) and it appears Body Pump (there's a weights option) which I haven't tested yet. The pedometer is pretty accurate. This one was recommended by my Body Combat instructor. Unfortunately I wear gloves for Body Combat (it helps with a bit more weight on your hand to get more impact) so I might not be able to wear it much as it's a bit uncomfortable. But overall a great fitness wearable. I'm certainly very pleased with it, as it has a heart monitor too and can be paired up with GPS for running/cycling (which some people may find useful).
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 27th May 18, 6:21 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    matrix11001
    The FitBit Blaze is pretty good and accurate
    Originally posted by sunshinegirl100
    I ended getting that one sunshinegirl100 - was very pleased with it!
    • jonybrown
    • By jonybrown 30th Sep 18, 12:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jonybrown
    Xiaomi Mi 2 band is a good one. It's waterproof, can receive call and text notification, calorie burner, step counts and sleep monitoring.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,600Posts Today

4,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin