Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chimichanga
    • By Chimichanga 16th Mar 18, 10:52 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Chimichanga
    LBCCC - Gladstones Solicitors
    • 16th Mar 18, 10:52 AM
    LBCCC - Gladstones Solicitors 16th Mar 18 at 10:52 AM
    Hello helpers!
    I just wanted to double check that i'm doing the right thing, I would really appreciate your comments/advice.
    I have spent the last week reading everything I can possibly fit in to my brain on this forum about what to do...I'd like to give you a quick background to my situation if I may.
    My family and I were away for 6 weeks (28 Nov 2017- 10 Jan 2018) in New Zealand and during that time I received a PCN (60 early repayment) dated 29th Nov 4 days after the alleged incident (25th Nov) from HX Car Park Management Ltd. Needless to say we didn't see this or the next 'Outstanding Parking Notice' (100) dated 28 Dec until we returned home on on 10th Jan. I got another letter dated 12th Jan which was a 'Final Demand Notice' (125). At this point I freaked out completely, as you do, checked my diary and saw that I was not even the driver since I was work 40 miles away that day. I immediately wrote a letter (dated 19th Jan) telling them that I was not the driver and could provide prof of this if required, gave them a copy of my flight tickets to show we were away and so couldn't respond to their letters and asked them to stop sending me letters of a threatening nature and posted it recorded delivery. Obviously I did not look at this amazing forum first (more fool me). I heard nothing for 2 months and then last week received an LBC from Gladstone Solicitors giving me 30 days to cough up the now 160! I have since looked at everything on here, including the Pre Action Protocol and have whittled down what I think I need to do now which is draft a letter similar to the one that I have seen here (sorry won't let me post a link as a newbie) by Loadsofchildren123. Is this the right thing to do? And may I post a copy of my drafted letter on here for you guys to check it's ok if you wouldn't mind that is?

My brain is swimming with everything I have read and I can't decide what the next best course of action should be. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
Page 3
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 7,143 Posts
    • 6,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    No need to use the forms.
    • Chimichanga
    • By Chimichanga 13th Apr 18, 3:43 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chimichanga
    That's great everyone thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

1,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin