Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 15th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 896Posts
    • 496Thanks
    Sparx
    Private parking charge UKPC / Zenith
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    Private parking charge UKPC / Zenith 15th Mar 18 at 7:03 PM
    Hi guys,

Posting for a family friend who has come to me today for help with a private parking charge, originally from UKPC but now appears it's been passed to Zenith Collections.

I've never had a private parking fine personally - so never had to appeal, defend or argue them. But from what I can see I don't think they don't have much of a leg to stand on... The charge was sent 4 months ago apparently, the first letters from UKPC I presume were ignored. As the first letter I've been shown, is from Zenith asking for 160...

It was a 90 minute stay at a McDonalds car park, they overstayed (unsure how much by) whilst at the gym after next door. Do they have any way to appeal or defend this? I can't see there being one apart from demonstrating actual losses incurred. As it's gone to Zenith I imagine they have lost the POPLA appeal process stage now?

Thanks for any advice.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    too late to appeal it

too late for popla

as it is only DRP/ZENITH , see POST #4 of the newbies faq sticky thread AND IGNORE IT

UKPC have 6 years to try an MCOL in your local county court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 61,745 Posts
    • 74,641 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    You might have missed the thread below:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

...and post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQS thread which deals with DRPlus aka Zenith, same firm as we all know (stifles a yawn) because debt collector stuff is everywhere here and there is no need for any new threads or questions about debt collectors.

It's been done to death for a decade on this forum.

Please do read the NEWBIES thread about this laughable stage.

Do they have any way to appeal or defend this? I can't see there being one apart from demonstrating actual losses incurred
    In fact that's the very LAST argument to try against a parking firm...see ParkingEye v Beavis.

Luckily, we do win 99% of well defended cases here, if a claim arrives. Don't ask how likely that is from UKPC please, if people ask that we know they haven't read the NEWBIES FAQS sticky thread.

ALL daft PPC court cases are defendable IMHO, but certainly not by talking about ''no loss''.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2018 at 9:41 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Mar 18, 3:18 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 9,854 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:18 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:18 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for alleged breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Aylaariyah
    • By Aylaariyah 10th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aylaariyah
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    Disabled parking charge
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    Received parking letter from UKPC last year and ignored about 6/7 letters both from them, another debt collection agency and now Zenith (second letter now threatening court action) the crime was parking in disabled bay without showing blue badge on a free car park parked for 4 minutes. I drive a motorbility car and am disabled but forgot to put badge up, it says they got my name from DVLA as owner but motorbility own the car surely they saw that and that I was parked correctly but forgot badge. Should I keep ignoring these threatening letters
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 10th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 10,560 Posts
    • 9,917 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    Received parking letter from UKPC last year and ignored about 6/7 letters both from them, another debt collection agency and now Zenith (second letter now threatening court action) the crime was parking in disabled bay without showing blue badge on a free car park parked for 4 minutes. I drive a motorbility car and am disabled but forgot to put badge up, it says they got my name from DVLA as owner but motorbility own the car surely they saw that and that I was parked correctly but forgot badge. Should I keep ignoring these threatening letters
    Originally posted by Aylaariyah
    This forum operates one person's problems per thread so please start your own.

But a quick answer is ignore till you get any court letter from Northampton court or similar as you are well passed any appeals.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 9,854 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    . But from what I can see I don't think they don't have much of a leg to stand on...

By "they", whom do you mean?

UKPC are unconvicted fraudsters, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

They are scammers who regularly pursue the vulnerable. If this got to court they are likely to crash and burn.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,462Users online

Martin's Twitter