Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 15th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Flash2222
    Parking tickets wrong name and address etc
    • 15th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    Parking tickets wrong name and address etc 15th Mar 18 at 4:01 PM
    Hi all my neighbour a few doors down has been getting letters for parking fines of zenith and drp for a vehicle they know nothing about for over 2 years and I've only recently found this out as postman had notified me as of request of my neighbour as we don't really know each other.... this is where it gets strange they are in my name but a shortened version of my first name what friends etc call me but correct surname for a vehicle I have never owned so immediately I contacted dvla as panic set in fraud etc dvla confirmed to me that the said vehicle has never been registered in my name and also its never been registered at my neighbours address and never has it been registered at my address and that the parking fines are getting the information from another source which isn't giving the correct info I have this in Writing from dvla and have made the drp etc aware of this due to being advised to by dvla yet they still send the same letters to my neighbours house time and time again feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall I know nobody is at fault on our side and there is nothing to worry about I'd just like them to stop I'm just hoping someone on here can advise me of the best way to put an end to this many thanks in advance
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Apr 18, 9:43 PM
    • 56,128 Posts
    • 69,780 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hmmm, let us know when you get the letter. Ask the BPA to require it is provided to you.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 3rd Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    Sure will thankyou for the help
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 3rd Apr 18, 9:54 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    Just a quick one, can't see it being an official company as surely they'd need driving licence etc as ID as the letters go to a neighbours house on my close, so address is incorrect and not in my official name that's on my passport and driving licence just a shortened version what friends etc call me it's so strange
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Apr 18, 9:56 PM
    • 56,128 Posts
    • 69,780 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It could be a work colleague, ex-friend, acquaintance or random scammer who happens to have your data, someone who gave false information. Dying to know now!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 3rd Apr 18, 9:58 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    As am I. Thanks again.
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 11th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    Hi anybody no legal advice please, private parking fines for vehicle drp say I was the hirer of which I never was. I no this information they have is 100% false as I've never hired a vehicle or had one on lease etc plus the address drp have is a neighbours house plus they only have a shortened version of my name, not what is on any of my official documentation driving licence etc. Just what people call me friends etc is it for me to prove or is a simple no it wasn't me in writing enough.
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 11th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    I've only asked this question as I have informed bpa to inform the drp of this matter. As ive not heard anything back, so don't know if I should just forget it now. or do I still need to pursue it even though I know im 100% in the right. as I've never had anything to do with said vehicle and I just wondered if somebody says you're the hirer and you say you never was what action is taken from then on many thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 6,612 Posts
    • 5,790 Thanks
    KeithP
    What happened to this suggestion?...
    Simply ask the PPC for a copy of the letter naming you as hirer. You need to see that letter.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 11th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    I replied to them as suggested this is what I sent them with yet no reply........ Hi is there any update regarding this matter. as I've been in contact with my mp. And I was just wondering what the next course of action should be if any as clearly as you stated drp says they was informed I was a hirer and I know I never was. and I've never had any connection with said vehicle ever and this information has been clearly given to them incorrectly and who ever supplied the information hasn't even given my correct full name or correct address. as would show on any of my official documents ie driving licence for the drp to suggest I was a hirer surely they would have been supplied official paperwork from the registered keeper. as you will be aware a statement signed by the car hire firm stating that, at the material time, the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement and a copy of the hirer agreement. and a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under the hire agreement, the statement of liability containing a statement by the hirer that the hirer acknowledges responsibility for any parking charges that may be incurred while the car is hired to the hirer as either can you please ask for this paperwork kind regards
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 6,612 Posts
    • 5,790 Thanks
    KeithP
    I'll leave that wall of text for someone else to read.

Sentences and paragraphs please.

I hope what you sent 'them' was more structured.

Help others to help you.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 17,266 Posts
    • 27,187 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'd hazard a guess that if it was presented in that way - virtually one very long sentence, without much by way of punctuation - the PPC would not have read the detail.

There's no incentive for them to read anything as they know they can just carry on letting the pursuit juggernaut plough on, hoping the motorist will crack and pay up.

There's no 'fair play' required or provided in this game, unless or until a Judge delivers it.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 11th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    Thanks umkomaaas I get your point. and Keith I do try my best but I'm dyslexic sorry for my wall of text. Thats why I'm on here to get help of others to help me.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 11th Apr 18, 7:46 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    I also suspect you might be using a phone to browse ......

is so then a PC / laptop will help things ...

if not then ignore me

Ralph
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 3,327 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    You need to write them sensible, understandable and concise letters.

Dear [drp]

Ref:

I refer to previous correspondence dated xxxxx.

In summary:

1. My neighbour has informed me that he is receiving chasing letters from you addressed to my nickname and surname. The letters relate to an alleged parking charge.

2. DVLA have confirmed that they did not supply you with my data (which is in any event wrong).

3. I corresponded with your trade body, BPA, who eventually informed me that you claim I was the "hirer" of the vehicle in question.

4. I confirm that I have never hired the vehicle, or any other vehicle.

5. Please supply me with whatever evidence you/your client rely upon in asserting that I was the hirer of the said vehicle on the date of the parking charge.

6. If you cannot supply me with the information at 5 above then please cease writing to me about this matter and delete all data relating to me from your systems, because your actions are harassment and a breach of my data protection rights.

7. For the purposes of replying to this letter, please use my correct name and address which is xxxxxxx and please stop sending letters to my neighbour.

Yours faithfully
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • Flash2222
    • By Flash2222 15th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Flash2222
    Many thanks for that, my mp is involved now and hopefully going to sort it out for me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,624Posts Today

8,026Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

• RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

• I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• Follow Martin