Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smeags
    • By Smeags 14th Mar 18, 10:34 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Smeags
    DPD parcel gone missing
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:34 PM
    DPD parcel gone missing 14th Mar 18 at 10:34 PM
    Hi,

So, I ordered some Huel through their website a few days ago. It was due to be delivered today. This morning, I had a text message saying it would arrive between 9.18 - 10.18 and that if I won't be in, to click a link where I had a few options (leave it in a safe place, at a drop off point, or with a neighbour. I chose with a neighbour. I didn't choose a specific neighbour, I chose the option "Any neighbour").

I have done this with a previous order of Huel, and back then, I had a text saying what house number it had been left with. There was also a calling card at home.

Today, there was no calling card, and I've had no text message. I went online to track the parcel, and it said it was left with an S DANIELS... but no address! My house is in a row of 3 houses, and its about a one minute walk to get to the next closest house. So I knocked on the other two doors to see if it was there. Its not (I also tried a couple more, a minute away. No luck).

I emailed DPD and have had a reply. They are just saying the parcel was successfully delivered to S DANIELS at 10.15. I'm wondering who the hell the driver has given it to?! As he shouldn't just be giving it to any stranger? I sent this back to DPD... no reply.

I feel really angry about it! (partly because I have a fractured jaw at the moment. Huel is a powdered food and is one of the few things I eat. I'm on a diet of that, and pureed mince meat and mash).

But also because of the money. It was only 30 but I can't really afford to be throwing 30 away right now.

And also the principle of it... if someone was hanging around outside, a driver shouldn't be handing it to them right?!

Can anyone advise if I can do something about this please?

Thanks
Page 1
    • rach_k
    • By rach_k 15th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    • 1,230 Posts
    • 2,092 Thanks
    rach_k
    • 15th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    Try ringing your local depot. Mine are very helpful and will speak to the driver when he returns.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 15th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 20,114 Posts
    • 15,838 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 15th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    Try ringing your local depot. Mine are very helpful and will speak to the driver when he returns.
    Originally posted by rach_k
    While it's a sensible suggestion it might not be easy for the OP to do with a broken jaw, and I don't know if local depot email addresses are available.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 31,602 Posts
    • 19,942 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    No the item shouldn't be given to just any random person OP but contact the seller and inform them, send a screenshot of who it was delivered too.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin