Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MacTowas
    • By MacTowas 14th Mar 18, 8:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MacTowas
    Delayed Flight with TUI
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:45 PM
    Delayed Flight with TUI 14th Mar 18 at 8:45 PM
    Hi,

I recently flew with TUI from Glasgow to Chambery, France on a flight that was delayed by 4 hours. We were due to transfer by coach to Tignes shortly after landing however, due to the delay, we'd missed it and had to wait a further 3 hours for the next coach. In addition we then had to travel in rush hour (with accidents) which turned a 2.5 hour journey into 7 hours. As a result we effectively lost the first day of our holiday.

I understand that we can claim compensation from the airline (TUI), for delays over 3 hours, of 250EUR for journeys less than 1500km and 400EUR for journeys between 1500km-3500km but I'm unsure if anything can be claimed from TUI (or our travel insurance) for the knock on effects the flight delay had on the rest of our journey? Also whilst our flight was approx 1400km, our final destination was over 1500km from Glasgow, does this mean we can claim for 400EUR or is the distance only related to the effected flight?

Thanks for any help provided!

Regards,

Scott
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 14th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 3,162 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    I'm unsure if anything can be claimed from TUI (or our travel insurance) for the knock on effects the flight delay had on the rest of our journey?
    Originally posted by MacTowas
    Not under EU regulations but the terms and conditions of your booking and your policy may offer something. You'll need to see what they say.

As for the flight, whether you can claim EU compensation or not depends on why your flight was delayed. The relevant distance would be from Glasgow airport to Chambery airport.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

3,152Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin