Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joesab
    • By joesab 14th Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 20Thanks
    joesab
    where on my experian account can i find details of
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    where on my experian account can i find details of 14th Mar 18 at 8:42 PM
    hello

trying to track down a loan from over six years ago - no paper work, cant remember who the lioan was with. on Martins news letter today he said you could try tracing such loans with credit files such as experian. So ive joined experian and cant see where prrvous loans are listed - thats if they go back that far. I am possibly looking in the wrong place as I cant see ANY loans etc
    Where would it be on the dash board. Any other credit agencies you would recommend?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 16,813 Posts
    • 17,816 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    All three CRAs only go back 6 years.
    • joesab
    • By joesab 14th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    joesab
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    ok, thanks, saves me scouring the tinterweb!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 31,630 Posts
    • 19,954 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    As you cant remember who it was with then its pointless looking.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • joesab
    • By joesab 14th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    joesab
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    yes that was what i thought - im helping a friend, its not my loan and we had given up on it but the PPI article on the MSE newsletter this morning raised a glimmer of hope with saying it might be on a credit report.
    Ah well, time to give up with this one I think
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,966Posts Today

8,304Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin