Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tilpot
    • By Tilpot 14th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tilpot
    Unfair ticket
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    Unfair ticket 14th Mar 18 at 8:02 PM
    Hi everyone, hope someone can help. Ive tried reading the newbies thread but to be honest cant follow some of it.

My problem. On 11thJanuary I visited Preston court with a colleague representing a young person. We arrived at around 951 and immediately purchased a ticket from a machine. When the court case was running over I left to buy another ticket.
    On 30th January my local authority fleet department received a letter of a parking violation. The letter was then sent back and forth to various departments before finally arriving at our department 2 daysago on 12th March stating that no ticket had been purchased at all throughout the day.

This has upset me greatly and is making me ill as we are now facing a 100 fine for something I am 100% I haven!!!8217;t done. I was close to not going to work through stress as I;ve just forked out 500 on repairs that I ca;t afford. We haven;t kept the parking tickets that we purchased as what person keeps them beyond a few days.

Can anyone offer some help please as Weve tried ringing ParkingEye and arent able to speak to a human at all.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tilpot; 14-03-2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Update
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    • 35,602 Posts
    • 19,819 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Assuming that this ticket is from a private parking company and not a council one then go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with it

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

Never phone a PPC!
    Last edited by Quentin; 14-03-2018 at 8:18 PM.
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 14th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    • 765 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    fil cad
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    Someone will be along shortly to advise you, PARKING eyes phones are only geared up to suck cash their whole operation is fully automatic to trap you then bleed you bone dry
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    Parking eye. So you most likely paid, but typed in the registration wrongly or used an 'oh' instead of a 'zero'

Lots of others in a similar position. Read away...
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 11:03 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,064 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 18, 11:03 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 11:03 PM
    My problem. On 11th January I visited Preston court with a colleague representing a young person. We arrived at around 951 and immediately purchased a ticket from a machine. When the court case was running over I left to buy another ticket.

On 30th January my local authority fleet department received a letter of a parking violation. The letter was then sent back and forth to various departments before finally arriving at our department 2 days ago on 12th March stating that no ticket had been purchased at all throughout the day.
    Get the Fleet Manager to send to PE in writing, a simple letter giving your name and address as the keeper/lessee (NOT THE DRIVER!) and perhaps attaching a copy of your car usage agreement.

Or (if they will not) instead ask your Manager to submit an appeal to PE now, late, online (takes 5 minutes) naming you and giving your home address, as the KEEPER/LESSEE.

Asking ParkingEye to send the PCN to you to appeal, not commenting on what happened.

That's all...for now...

Then you wait for your PCN to arrive and you are back to appeal stage, and you WILL WIN if you use the hirer/lessee appeal written by Edna Basher in the hirer/lessee (company car) section of the NEWBIES thread. And if it goes to POPLA you then continue as hirer/lessee and copy any other POPLA hirer/lessee appeal like yours, where para 13/14 of the POFA have been used to show that ParkingEye will not have followed the right procedure in th Notice to Hirer they send you.

Because PE do not send the enclosures they need to include, to hold a hirer/lessee liable.

But you need a NTH first, so get someone to NAME YOU and GIVE YOUR HOME ADDRESS and NOT say 'this person was driving'. Only that 'this person is the usual lessee or day to day keeper of this vehicle, please contact them with a PCN direct and note that the registered keeper company has discharged any liability we may have had.

Win win situation but do the above in order.

DO NOT blow it by then appealing and blabbing about who parked and what happened! Use edna Basger's appeal for hirer/lessee situations.

Don't tell us you are not the lessee/hirer. You ARE and that is how you MUST win this.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    It is not a fine, it is an alleged debt for breaching an alleged contract, chill.

The whole industry is unfair and unregulated industry. It is scamming the public with inflated claims for alleged breaches of contracts, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.V
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin