Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikemansuk
    • By mikemansuk 14th Mar 18, 5:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mikemansuk
    Mortgage advise
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:47 PM
    Mortgage advise 14th Mar 18 at 5:47 PM
    Hi there, Mike here.

I have been out of the UK for 8 years. My mortgage was with Chelt&Glou via LloydsTsb.
    I called them when I was about to leave the country I won't be able to pay my mortgage when I'm gone so I sent them my house keys to take care of things. Now I would love to know what happens to my house and what my rights are?
    I'd appreciate your advise please. Many thanks. Cheers
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 14th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    • 16,833 Posts
    • 8,784 Thanks
    ACG
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    You probably need to get a copy of your credit report to find out when it was sold and paid off/defaulted.

That will determine what your options are.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 14th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 6,394 Posts
    • 13,128 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    It was probably sold and proceeds either paid off mortgage or a default showing if insufficient to pay the mortgage off. A credit check on Experian or Noddle May show something. Did you not give them a forwarding address to send correspondence?
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 14th Mar 18, 7:37 PM
    • 58,475 Posts
    • 51,848 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:37 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:37 PM
    what my rights are?
    Originally posted by mikemansuk
    Rights in what regard?
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Edi81
    • By Edi81 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 311 Thanks
    Edi81
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:17 PM
    Doubt it!!!8217;s your house anymore.
    Pay 3 and get a copy of the title from land registry
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    • 92,613 Posts
    • 59,931 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    This could a be fun thread. just posting to subscribe to the thread and enjoy the ride
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • mikemansuk
    • By mikemansuk 14th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mikemansuk
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    mortgage advise
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    Rights in what regard?
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    I just don't know what to do? This may sound daft but I'm better off getting advice on a forum like this if you get what I mean
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 14th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    • 58,475 Posts
    • 51,848 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    In your absence the house would have been sold to settle the outstanding debt.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin