Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Louannaxxx
    • By Louannaxxx 14th Mar 18, 4:19 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Louannaxxx
    EE account showing as settled
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:19 PM
    EE account showing as settled 14th Mar 18 at 4:19 PM
    I have just found an account on my credit file which is marked as settled. It's an EE account, there was 1 late payment on it but it was quickly paid when I realised and was always paid on time otherwise.

Is it correct that it shows as settled? I thought settled was to show I had partly paid or made a payment agreement to settle the account. Will it being marked as settled have a negative impact and is there anything I can do about it?

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Page 1
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 14th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 1,473 Posts
    • 822 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    If you paid the outstanding balance in full then it would be marked as settled.

"Settled" is the status of a debt that is repaid without issue, it's "Satisfied" that would indicate a problem (a default.)

The late payment marker will have an impact, although this will lessen over time (and it won't have anywhere near the same impact as a default.)
    • Louannaxxx
    • By Louannaxxx 14th Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louannaxxx
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    Thank you for clarifying that.
  • Jenny_EE
    • 21st Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 21st Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    I have just found an account on my credit file which is marked as settled. It's an EE account, there was 1 late payment on it but it was quickly paid when I realised and was always paid on time otherwise.

Is it correct that it shows as settled? I thought settled was to show I had partly paid or made a payment agreement to settle the account. Will it being marked as settled have a negative impact and is there anything I can do about it?

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Louannaxxx

Hello, the best thing to do is send us an email to crqueries@ee.co.uk. Make sure you include the following;

Full name
    Address including postcode
    Contact telephone number
    As much detail about the query as possible

The team will aim to get back to you within 48 hours.

Thanks, Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,243Posts Today

8,500Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin