Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chamelion
    • By chamelion 14th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 175Posts
    • 153Thanks
    chamelion
    FiT / generation: how to see rpi increased rates?
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    FiT / generation: how to see rpi increased rates? 14th Mar 18 at 2:02 PM
    Hi folks,

I installed my solar panels and registered for FiT payments in December, before rates slightly dropped in Jan.

If I'm not mistaken, the FiT rates go up each year - around now? Where can I see what the updated rates are?

Thanks!
    5.42 kWp System, E-W. Installed 30 Nov 2017.
Page 1
    • phsci
    • By phsci 14th Mar 18, 3:07 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    phsci
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:07 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:07 PM
    The uplift from 1 April for FIT and Export payments has been published by OFGEM at: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/feed-tariff-fit-tariff-table-1-april-2018
    • chamelion
    • By chamelion 14th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    chamelion
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    The uplift from 1 April for FIT and Export payments has been published by OFGEM at: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/feed-tariff-fit-tariff-table-1-april-2018
    Originally posted by phsci
    Amazing - thanks!

I was told the uplift takes place the year after you have it installed - which means since I got solar set up Dec 2017 I qualify for this uplift?

Does this mean my export goes from 5.03 -> 5.24, my FiT goes from 4 -> 4.16 (standard pv higher energy efficiency).
    5.42 kWp System, E-W. Installed 30 Nov 2017.
    • Martyn1981
    • By Martyn1981 14th Mar 18, 4:52 PM
    • 6,871 Posts
    • 11,121 Thanks
    Martyn1981
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:52 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 4:52 PM
    Amazing - thanks!

I was told the uplift takes place the year after you have it installed - which means since I got solar set up Dec 2017 I qualify for this uplift?

Does this mean my export goes from 5.03 -> 5.24, my FiT goes from 4 -> 4.16 (standard pv higher energy efficiency).
    Originally posted by chamelion
    Hiya, my understanding is that you will get an uplift on the FiTs as 2018 is the year after the install.

Regarding the export rate, I think that goes up for everyone, regardless of the install date, so everyone is on the same export rate - actually there are two rates as it changed in 2012, but I digress.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,781Posts Today

8,025Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin