We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

E: 15/03 Puzzler and T-A-B Puzzle Mag threads

One-Eye
One-Eye Posts: 66,258
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Some compers may not have noticed, especially any who don't look in Chat Corner, but…

The Puzzler and TAB Puzzle Mag threads are now in Regular Competitions

Regular Competitions is found in the Sub-boards section at the top of page one of the main forum.

If you have bookmarked or put the threads in favourites then this will not be affected.
If you have subscribed to the threads then this will not be affected.
The only change you might notice is that when a new post is added to these threads then they will no longer be bumped to the top of the main forum.

This change was made due to over-enthusiastic use of the "Expired" button which kept sending these threads to Game Over. Every time this happened, a board guide had to be PM'd to transfer it back to the main forum, and it usually also lead to extra posts in the thread, which in turn lead to emails being sent to everybody who subscribed to the threads. As there is no "Expired" button in Regular Competitions, this problem can no longer occur, and as Regulars only contains 6 threads, then finding the threads in there is easy.

This thread posted on main forum as it is aimed at those who never look in Chat. It will go to Game Over automatically.

Comments

• Thanks so much for posting this, I was wondering why I wasnt seeing them anymore x
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS COMPETITIONS
  • Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the info One-Eye.

I seldom look in Chat or Regular Comps, so I would have completely missed out.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,277
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Gilla wrote: »
    Thanks for the info One-Eye.

I seldom look in Chat or Regular Comps, so I would have completely missed out.
    Likewise. I rarely look in Chat and I never look in Regular Comps.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,962
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thanks for this One-Eye ... I had no idea!
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • Thankyou! I didn't realise they had been moved. Was quite a few I hadn't entered. Good Luck :)
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,258
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 May 2018 at 10:22AM
    I'd just like to say ... I hadn't even noticed it had moved. I subscribe to the thread(s) and each day there it is (they are) on my control panel. Marvellous.

However, I also have to say, I never noticed it in game over either, for the record. Probably for the same reason.

And ... because I deactivated email notifications, I don't get bombarded with any unrelated bumps either. It truly is win-win for me.

I really appreciate all the people who go to the trouble of posting the competitions, buying the magazines, doing the puzzles, sharing the answers, finding the correct links, etc. Without all of you, I'd probably never enter any competition. :T I don't care where it's kept. It's always there, every day. And I wouldn't *dream* of complaining.

Keep on keeping on. :D
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • Baroque
    Baroque Posts: 96
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Many thanks One-Eye. I mainly use forum 'Competitions Time' update to enter comps as I have limited time, will I still be able to find Puzzler and T-A-B Puzzle Mag threads here. Hope this is not a silly question. All the best.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,800
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Baroque wrote: »
    Many thanks One-Eye. I mainly use forum 'Competitions Time' update to enter comps as I have limited time, will I still be able to find Puzzler and T-A-B Puzzle Mag threads here. Hope this is not a silly question. All the best.

TAB & Puzzler threads are posted on regular board now in here,
    Regular Competitions
    if you click on the
    Take a Break Puzzle Magazines -regularly updated- DO NOT EXPIRE POSTS ON THIS THREAD!
    puzzler.com - regularly updated ONGOING competitions - Please don't click expire!
    & subscribe to the threads you will get automatic notification each time a new comp is added hth.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure