Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Safa
    • By Safa 14th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Safa
    Invest my heredity on house renting?
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    Invest my heredity on house renting? 14th Mar 18 at 12:39 PM
    Sooner I might have to get my heredity, which could be something around 1 or 1.5 milion pound, being young I really don't know what would be the best option, and I don't feel good spending the money throughout my life like this without doing anything with it.
    So I thought to buy 1 or 2 apartment or house and tend them, thanks to the rent I'll be able to get something around 2000 or 2500 per month and I'll still have the option to sell the house/apartment.
    To me it sounds a good idea, but obviously everything has his bad side, so my question are, what are the downside of my decision? ?
    There are any other better, easy and safe way to spend money?
Page 1
    • Safa
    • By Safa 14th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Safa
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    Rent******
    Not tend omg
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 14th Mar 18, 12:47 PM
    • 8,427 Posts
    • 32,719 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:47 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:47 PM
    Do you mean 'inheritance'?

If not trollerie, you will receive only broad brush advice here.

You need trusted IFA help.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 14th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 1,374 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    Lungboy
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    Renting has all sorts of downsides, more and more each year thanks to the government, so you really need to read up on it thoroughly first.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 6,447 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    3% per annum yield (best case) from an extra-high-risk investment with no diversification, phone calls in the middle of the night complaining that the toilet's broken, and risk of void periods, bad tenants and never making any money? Yes, there are many, many better ways to invest.

If you have that much money with no experience of investing, you should consult a reputable regulated independent financial adviser.

Are you in the UK? "Heredity" is not standard UK English, and if you are not in the UK, this is probably the wrong forum to ask for guidance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

7,406Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin