Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 97Posts
    • 29Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy 14th Mar 18 at 11:06 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Usio Energy Supply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 13
    • markipad
    • By markipad 14th Dec 18, 7:05 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    markipad
    Another here still waiting for the account to be set up by FU.

I am going to change tomorrow, will that work OK? Do I just take a meter reading?
    Originally posted by northwest1965
    Have you not had anything from FU since they took over from Usio? Surely your account has been set up by FU for you by now. I had the confirmation email from FU on 30th October. I instigated a switch away almost the same day (as soon as I had the confirmation from FU that I was on supply from them). Still no sign of balance from Usio, and no bills yet, but thatís the same for all of us, I think.
    Last edited by markipad; 14-12-2018 at 7:08 PM.
    • northwest1965
    • By northwest1965 14th Dec 18, 7:15 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 4,636 Thanks
    northwest1965
    Have you not had anything from FU since they took over from Usio? Surely your account has been set up by FU for you by now. I had the confirmation email from FU on 30th October. I instigated a switch away almost the same day (as soon as I had the confirmation from FU that I was on supply from them). Still no sign of balance from Usio, and no bills yet, but thatís the same for all of us, I think.
    Originally posted by markipad
    Sorry, yes the account has been set up, but foolishly thought that i needed to wait for the credit to appear before switching
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
    • busybee100
    • By busybee100 19th Dec 18, 10:38 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    busybee100
    I sent off my first reads as requested and have now received an email suggesting both are wrong and the daytime figure should be 2000 units less than I reported.
    I've been told to photograph my meter seals and meter read and repeat in 7 days. I don't think it's me that's the criminal here!
    Fortunately I downloaded my bills from Usio which shows FU are behaving very badly.
    I've now signed up with Bulb as they have a £100 bonus (which ends today).

• paulpa66
    • By paulpa66 19th Dec 18, 10:40 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    paulpa66
    Still awaiting a refund from usio via FU. Moved from them though as far too dear
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 19th Dec 18, 12:55 PM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    We were sent an email nearly 4 weeks ago, telling us about the billing process, the first one of which concerned the Usio account. No sign of anything -suspect the Usio systems were a complete mess!!!
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 21st Dec 18, 4:11 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Just got a nice early xmas present - a bill from Usio! Sadly it is a complete fiction: The electricity use is massively overestimated (though this is actually to my advantage), and the Gas bill is 15p (1 day standing charge) despite the fact I was with Usio for over 3 months...
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 21st Dec 18, 4:42 PM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Just got a nice early xmas present - a bill from Usio! Sadly it is a complete fiction: The electricity use is massively overestimated (though this is actually to my advantage), and the Gas bill is 15p (1 day standing charge) despite the fact I was with Usio for over 3 months...
    Originally posted by beefturnmail

As a contrast my proposed leccy bill up to 18th October isn't far out. Yes, they have overestimated the usage-but only by ~ 30kwh - as per previous post it's to my advantage by ~£1.30.
    The only potential downside is if they use the higher usage to dispute my final reading given to OneSelect when I left in late November.
    We shall no doubt see in the fullness of time
    Don't know how they are going to handle the fact that the industry verified start reading for 3rd November is 30kwh less than the Usio bill!!
    Last edited by brewerdave; 21-12-2018 at 4:46 PM.
    • markipad
    • By markipad 21st Dec 18, 7:19 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    markipad
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    Also just received "Final Energy Statement" from Usio. I am reasonably happy with electricity, as it is only 3 kWh out, by my reckoning, for the stated period of 22 September to 18th October.

The gas, like yours, is only showing 15p - representing 1 day's standing charge - for 22nd September. Why only 1 day? They are not showing ANY meter readings for gas, so I have no way of knowing whether to accept this or not.

This would appear to be just the first of several bills, but at least my credit balance is shown on this bill, and I do not owe any money at this stage!
    • busybee100
    • By busybee100 21st Dec 18, 8:40 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    busybee100
    At last. Final bill from Usio. Looks ok, enough credit for FU so shouldn't hold up my switch. Hoping for some stability for a few weeks then I'll check again once I've used the Bulb credit up.

• beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 21st Dec 18, 9:33 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    beefturnmail

The gas, like yours, is only showing 15p - representing 1 day's standing charge - for 22nd September. Why only 1 day? They are not showing ANY meter readings for gas, so I have no way of knowing whether to accept this or not.
    Originally posted by markipad

Since it's happened to both of us, I suspect it is intentional in some way - though to cover myself I've e-mailed both Usio administrators and FU to point out that the bill is clearly incorrect.

FU replied pretty smartish suggesting I e-mail photos of any meter readings. This I have, but not playing that card yet, as when a sensible Gas estimate is provided it might be to my benefit, like the electricity currently is...
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Dec 18, 11:38 AM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    No sign of the proposed bill/carry forward credit on my FU account pages -still all blank other than the verified start read!
    • markipad
    • By markipad 3rd Jan 19, 11:30 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    markipad
    Another few weeks gone; STILL NO CREDIT SHOWING from Usio in my FU account!

I phoned FU, and a very helpful rep. said that they were hopeful that progress would be made with the credits at some time during January. As I have already switched from FU, I am in the fortunate position of not having to pay them, and I have informed them that I will not do so until they reflect my credit balance (from Usio) in the FU accounts. She understood this, and also told me that there will be 2 more bills for me from FU: One will be for 19 October to 2nd November, and one will be for 2nd November until 25th November, which is the date I switched away from FU.

She also said that many Usio accounts have still not been finalised, so it may well be that the progress towards closing my FU accounts is further along than some others.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Jan 19, 4:49 PM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Now when I try to log on to FU account ,it tells me I'm no longer a customer (one bit correct!) - to see my final bill look for Account Summary - nope, nothing there -look at Account History -nope nothing there....................
    Glad I kept the proposed Usio final statement somewhere safe!!

EDIT re the proposed 2nd bill - for the period from19th Oct to 2nd November -not sure what they are going to do as the closing read for the Usio bill is actually higher than the reading I gave FU as an opening read that they have recorded for 2nd November.
    Last edited by brewerdave; 03-01-2019 at 4:53 PM.
    • busybee100
    • By busybee100 3rd Jan 19, 10:07 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    busybee100
    FU have now asked for a timed reading. The second read has to be more than 2 hours after the first. I've already sent photographs over a week apart so goodness knows what extra info they think will show in 2 hours. This is the most trouble I've had in 18 years of switching and I'll be glad to move.

• beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 4th Jan 19, 9:58 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    FU have now asked for a timed reading. The second read has to be more than 2 hours after the first. I've already sent photographs over a week apart so goodness knows what extra info they think will show in 2 hours. This is the most trouble I've had in 18 years of switching and I'll be glad to move.
    Originally posted by busybee100
    Seems a bit ridiculous - 2 hours apart is obviously going to depend massively on what you're doing in those 2 hours (using a tumble dryer, hoovering etc....)
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 11th Jan 19, 10:21 AM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    So , a week further on, ANYBODY heard anything further from FU - I had the supposed final Usio bill on 21st Dec. -but nowt since re charges up to my departure from FU.
    • Dave save
    • By Dave save 13th Jan 19, 12:36 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Dave save
    Like those above, in December I received the 'final Usio bill' from FU which is complete fiction. I had already switched very quickly from FU and I'm prepared to watch and wait to see what FU eventually comes up with. I was told I'd receive 2 more bills for different periods of usage under FU but I'm not prepared to chase them as the amounts are quite small. I know exactly what amounts I owe as I keep weekly track of usage and costs. I cancelled my DD some time ago as I'm not going to allow FU to raid my bank account using fictitious bills.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 13th Jan 19, 12:49 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    wavelets
    Like those above, in December I received the 'final Usio bill' from FU which is complete fiction. I had already switched very quickly from FU and I'm prepared to watch and wait to see what FU eventually comes up with. I was told I'd receive 2 more bills for different periods of usage under FU but I'm not prepared to chase them as the amounts are quite small. I know exactly what amounts I owe as I keep weekly track of usage and costs. I cancelled my DD some time ago as I'm not going to allow FU to raid my bank account using fictitious bills.
    Originally posted by Dave save
    In what way is the 'final Usio bill' from FU complete fiction?
    Whatever is the final reading on the Usio final bill will be the same as the start reading used by FU

And as you say you then soon left FU, then the final meter reading used by FU will be the same as that used by the new supplier as the start reading.

Not much room to be 'complete fiction' and any minor variation in the figues used as verified by the independent meter reading agency compared to what you think/prefer they should be will be negligible costwise.
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 13th Jan 19, 10:20 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    In what way is the 'final Usio bill' from FU complete fiction?
    Originally posted by wavelets
    A gas charge of 15p for 3 months service with Usio. I'm not THAT tight...
    • Dave save
    • By Dave save 15th Jan 19, 12:27 AM
    • 312 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Dave save
    The fiction I refer to is the gas charges. The Usio 'final' account (prepared by FU) shows a total for gas of 15p, which was the daily standing charge for one day during September. I didn't join Usio until October.They appear to have omitted Usio gas usage for a 15 day period.
    Last edited by Dave save; 15-01-2019 at 12:41 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,667Posts Today

8,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Follow Martin