Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Size4riggerboots
    • By Size4riggerboots 14th Mar 18, 10:28 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Size4riggerboots
    New build house looks different...
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:28 AM
    New build house looks different... 14th Mar 18 at 10:28 AM
    Hi there

My partner and I have purchased a new build. We viewed the show home months ago and loved it.
    A few days ago the scaffolding came down and we can see our house from behind the safety fence. Thatís when I noticed that the front of the house looks different to what the show home looks like

Itís not a major change but basically theyíve changed part of the roof which has made an upstairs window a lot smaller and now to me the house looks quite different.

We werenít made aware of any changes.

Has anyone else had experience of buying a new build and discovering things arenít the same as the show home and/or plans?
Page 1
    • PositivelyPerturbed
    • By PositivelyPerturbed 14th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    PositivelyPerturbed
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    New build show homes are nearly always superior in quality, and slightly roomier, than what you actually buy. They are a strategic marketing tool designed to draw you in.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,049 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    Unless you design and build yourself, newbuilds are the housing equivalent of TV shopping; what you see on screen is always a bigger, better version of what you actually get.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 14th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 4,336 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    What does it show on the plans?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin