Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dclarke001
    • By dclarke001 14th Mar 18, 9:50 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dclarke001
    HFC Bank
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:50 AM
    HFC Bank 14th Mar 18 at 9:50 AM
    Hi, I believe I was mis-sold PPI through HFC Bank for the purchase of a personal computer. This would have been over 15 years ago and I understand that HFC sold their loan portfolio to a third party and their remaining accounts to HSBC in 2013. As the account would have been closed, who would I seek the reclaim for PPI from? All thoughts welcome. Thanks Derick.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    • 17,280 Posts
    • 18,388 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    You'd complain (not reclaim) to whoever sold you the PPI.

Was it a generic loan, or a store specific one for the computer - ie in Dixons (other low quality retailers are available)?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Mar 18, 10:49 AM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,344 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:49 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:49 AM
    HFC Bank have no liability for the sale of this PPI unless it was actually sold by them. If the loan and PPI was arranged by a retailer, then it is to the retailer that you should submit your complaint.

You don't state what year? Pre-2005, it's pre-regulation of general insurance sales.

If you bought directly from HFC, I'd approach HSBC in the first instance to see if there are still any records of this finance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter