Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Qwerty987456
    • By Qwerty987456 14th Mar 18, 6:02 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Qwerty987456
    UKPC Disabled Bay PCN
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:02 AM
    UKPC Disabled Bay PCN 14th Mar 18 at 6:02 AM
    Hi all, I received a PCN for parking in a disabled bay a few months back from UKPC which I have been ignoring since. I've just received a Zenith collections 'notice of debt recovery assignment' letter and after googling that, I realise ignoring the letters is old advice and shouldn't be followed anymore. I understand Zenith is just another name under DRP who I also received a letter from.
    I'm just wondering where I stand at this current moment in time?
    Thank you
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Mar 18, 6:53 AM
    • 7,327 Posts
    • 9,768 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:53 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 6:53 AM
    Hi all, I received a PCN for parking in a disabled bay a few months back from UKPC which I have been ignoring since. I've just received a Zenith collections 'notice of debt recovery assignment' letter and after googling that, I realise ignoring the letters is old advice and shouldn't be followed anymore. I understand Zenith is just another name under DRP who I also received a letter from.
    I'm just wondering where I stand at this current moment in time?
    Thank you
    Originally posted by Qwerty987456
    Are you disabled ?

Ignore the debt collector rubbish, just low pond life
    trying to scam you.

All you can do is wait to see if UKPC take it further, then come
    back here
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 14th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 5,844 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    why did you ignore the letters?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    You really are now in ignore and wait and see mode, you may get a court claim from UKPC, it won't come from DRP or Zenith though, so for goodness sake ignore their inflated claims.

Shame you ignored it in the first place though!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    UKC are fraudsters, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors..

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Qwerty987456
    • By Qwerty987456 14th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Qwerty987456
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    why did you ignore the letters?
    Originally posted by Half_way
    I ignored them based on old advice from this forum(I now realise it's old which is why I created my own thread for updated advice) also to my understanding, disabled bays are nothing on private land

You really are now in ignore and wait and see mode, you may get a court claim from UKPC, it won't come from DRP or Zenith though, so for goodness sake ignore their inflated claims.

Shame you ignored it in the first place though!
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    I ignored them because I thought that's what to do with private parking notices, I was reading out dated advice hahaha oops.

Are you disabled ?

Ignore the debt collector rubbish, just low pond life
    trying to scam you.

All you can do is wait to see if UKPC take it further, then come
    back here
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I, myself am not however was with a disabled badge holder at the time. The badge wasn't displayed clearly which I suppose is true

I'll continue to ignore, the notice on the windshield was from the end of last year so its been a while now.
    Thanks for your replies, much appreciated
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    UKPC do take people to court, so you could make a late appeal using the template, adding that an occupant of the car was disabled, and attach a copy of said badge.
    It will no doubt be rejected, but will stand you in better stead should this go to court.

Please do complain to your MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin