Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 600sqn
    • By 600sqn 13th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    600sqn
    Which credit card out of the two?
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    Which credit card out of the two? 13th Mar 18 at 9:12 PM
    Have been a regular forum reader but never before posted.

Ill soon be travelling internationally a lot, and I wish to also use a credit card for everyday spending (paying off in full each month) to build up history.

On my eligibility checkers, Barclaycard and the Halifax Clarity both give me a 90% chance of acceptance.

Conveniently I have 2 current accounts - one with Barclays (wages + spending), and Halifax Reward (bill payment account / DDs etc).

Out of the two which is best and is most likely to offer me the highest credit limit as Id rather have a higher usable amount to cover for any emergencies etc.
Page 1
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 13th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    Barclaycard seem to give higher than average limits generally. That is the impression I have got from reading other posts on here.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 14th Mar 18, 2:37 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,656 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:37 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:37 AM
    Get both.

Use Barclaycard for cash and Halifax for purchases.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter