Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 13th Mar 18, 7:48 PM
    • 1,497Posts
    • 942Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    Switch bonus
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:48 PM
    Switch bonus 13th Mar 18 at 7:48 PM
    Due to current health issues I have just downgraded a joint co_op privilege account to cancel the holiday insurance as they will no longer cover us. I am now looking for a switch bonus but already have accounts or have held accounts with HSBC, Nationwide, Halifax, First Direct, Yorkshire, M&S and Tsb. Have I missed any (I know I've just missed NatWest!)
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Page 1
    • N1ckS
    • By N1ckS 13th Mar 18, 8:18 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    N1ckS
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:18 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:18 PM
    I think you've hit peak switch! Perhaps check if you last held the accounts long enough ago that you qualify for a new switch incentive? I switched away from M&S back in 2015 but for some reason they left the account open and I recently enquired whether I would be eligible to switch back to them. Spoke to customer services and they OK'd it so sometimes a speculative call can help.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 13th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 1,720 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    It looks like you've exhausted the current options already. The only possible depends on the exact terms under which you currently hold or held a Halifax account. You can switch to Halifax and receive the bonus as long as you haven't previously received a switching bonus from them since January 2012. If you haven't had a switching bonus in that time period then you can take advantage of the offer, even if you currently have an account with them, and even if it is a Reward Account (you just switch in your Co-op account to that one).

If the above doesn't apply then it looks like you'll have to wait around until the next offer comes along.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    Possible Nationwide refer a friend and TSB recommend a friend?
    • MDMD
    • By MDMD 14th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    MDMD
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    I think you've hit peak switch! Perhaps check if you last held the accounts long enough ago that you qualify for a new switch incentive? I switched away from M&S back in 2015 but for some reason they left the account open and I recently enquired whether I would be eligible to switch back to them. Spoke to customer services and they OK'd it so sometimes a speculative call can help.
    Originally posted by N1ckS
    Although you won’t get a switching incentive from them if you’ve already received one:

From the terms:

You must not have previously held an M&S current account and used the Current Account Switch Service, or submitted a ‘Switching your standing orders and Direct Debits’ form to us or used any other switching method to switch your banking and received any switching incentive whether the accounts are currently opened or closed.
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    Although you won’t get a switching incentive from them if you’ve already received one:

From the terms:
    Originally posted by MDMD
    I rang CS and they confirmed I don't qualify so will be looking at other options now as suggested above
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin