Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AJ1234
    • By AJ1234 13th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AJ1234
    EXCEL Parking charge SCOTLAND Urgent
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    EXCEL Parking charge SCOTLAND Urgent 13th Mar 18 at 5:24 PM
    Hi, firstly I'd like to say what a great forum and great advice thats given, I have already learned a lot and am thankful for all the input from everyone

So I received a PCN from Excel parking in stirling scotland and proceeded to ignore all the letters from them. I have just been issued a 'demand before court' letter from Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors which is demanding the original fee of 100 plus debt collection fee of 60 or they will proceed to litigate the matter. The letter then showed precedent of a case in Dundee where they were awarded 24,500.

I have labelled this as urgent as the letter arrived on the final date of payment instructed by the company before taking to court, and i am posting this one day later as I hadn't noticed.

Is this another letter I can ignore as my research has found that in Scotland only the driver is held liable and would be unlikely to proceed with court?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ant
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Mar 18, 10:21 PM
    • 7,556 Posts
    • 10,060 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Mainland Europe, May-September
    Originally posted by AJ1234
    Forget the odd legal. Tell Excel that the driver lives at
    .... (address in Europe)
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 18, 10:37 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ball Ocks as they are known are mainly into debt collection. They don't do court unless paid and Excel don't pay them to do court in Scotland.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Re-read the above.

IamEmanresu knows what he is talking about, from a wealth of experience.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• AJ1234
    • By AJ1234 14th Mar 18, 10:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AJ1234
    Re-read the above.

IamEmanresu knows what he is talking about, from a wealth of experience.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Much appreciated thank you all for your help !
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Mar 18, 11:18 PM
    • 8,639 Posts
    • 8,982 Thanks
    pogofish
    What on earth is "URGENT" about a private ticket in Scotland...?
    • MyLittleKony2012
    • By MyLittleKony2012 15th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MyLittleKony2012
    Hello,

I received the same threatening letter from the same solicitors regarding the parking "fine" instructing me to pay or be taken to court. I was not the driver at the time (though registered keeper) and informed the solicitors about this, without naming the driver.

The solicitors have come back requesting name and details and I have not responded. I believe it is up to them to find out who was the driver at that time to enforce this.That is what I could gather from the other threads- You do not need to name the driver, but you only need to prove that you did not commit the "offence".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,574Users online

Martin's Twitter