Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marcosgonzalez
    • By marcosgonzalez 13th Mar 18, 5:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    marcosgonzalez
    Saving money in seafood
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:04 PM
    Saving money in seafood 13th Mar 18 at 5:04 PM
    Hey guys, the other day I was looking for a very specific type of octopus and, as I could not find it in the local supermarkets/markets, I contacted a couple of local frozen seafood suppliers. Turns out, they offered me a couple of octopus trays for a very cheap price and super fresh! They told me sometimes they bring more octopus and some trays are left, and they give it to you at a sale price. Just a tip for next time you want to buy some cheap seafod!
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 31,699 Posts
    • 19,991 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    Hey guys, the other day I was looking for a very specific type of octopus and, as I could not find it in the local supermarkets/markets, I contacted a couple of local frozen seafood suppliers. Turns out, they offered me a couple of octopus trays for a very cheap price and super fresh! They told me sometimes they bring more octopus and some trays are left, and they give it to you at a sale price. Just a tip for next time you want to buy some cheap seafod!
    Originally posted by marcosgonzalez
    Great story Marcos.

How much did you get the octopus for ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 13th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 4,444 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    Originally posted by marcosgonzalez
    The moral of your story appears to be - if you want to buy xyz , try phoning someone who sells xyz
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 13th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    Great story Marcos.

How much did you get the octopus for ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    I bet it wasn`t an arm and a leg
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 14th Mar 18, 3:31 AM
    • 12,396 Posts
    • 11,628 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:31 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:31 AM
    Still slightly baffled at the idea of leaving money inside a crab or similar. Surely the smell would make it difficult to carry around with you? (Though good ploy if you ever need to clear the area or ensure you are never sat next to on public transport...)
    • agatham
    • By agatham 17th Mar 18, 6:20 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    agatham
    • 17th Mar 18, 6:20 AM
    • 17th Mar 18, 6:20 AM
    Very good one. Generally the suppliers charge less than the main supermarkets. That said, there are occasions you might have to buy more if you buy directly from the suppliers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,339Posts Today

5,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin