Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 13th Mar 18, 3:35 PM
    • 2,430Posts
    • 3,021Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    problems with talk:talk registration / website
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:35 PM
    problems with talk:talk registration / website 13th Mar 18 at 3:35 PM
    Hi; received the notice from sky (that a lot of people have had I gather) that they are raising their prices
    Being as I am coming to the end of my ‘contract’ I took the opportunity to review options and have decided to move to talk:talk

Yesterday and earlier today I have tried signing up on the talk:talk website and have stalled part way through the process; I enter my details, email, password and previous addresses for the credit check and the website won’t let me proceed – there is no issue with the data I’ve entered and tried using both explorer and chrome, deleting my browsing history, tried again etc. etc. Even tried using alternative email addresses all to no avail.
    I used their live chat facility and they signed me up to the package I wanted through that (me giving them all the same details) so problem solved I thought.

I’ve had the email from them confirming my order etc. and then an email asking me to register so I can see progress of my account…. I tried to login using the details I provided during sign up but they didn’t work – I then tried using the password reset option and they sent me a text with an access code so all seems to be working OK but when it comes to the password change screen I cannot proceed

The password I am trying to use complies with their protocol (capitals, numbers, symbols etc.) but just get an ‘unspecified error, please try again’

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Pretty minor in the scheme of things but this is my first time with talk:talk and it worries me that their website cant seem to handle something as simple as registration when selling a product what will their service etc. be like once I am committed

I’m still in the cooling off period and wondering if I should ditch them
    Left is never right but I always am.
Page 1
    • twins4384
    • By twins4384 13th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    twins4384
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    What browser are you using? Sometimes some browsers can cause these problems. Try IE or some other popular one and see if you can then sign in..
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 13th Mar 18, 10:51 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:51 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:51 PM
    Tried with both chrome and explorer
    Left is never right but I always am.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 15th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 8,328 Posts
    • 6,140 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 15th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    Which version of IE? I've has issues recently with one site (non-retail related) only recognising IE9
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 16th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 1,837 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    Hi Mistermeaner,

We'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you but we don't have a way of taking your details from MSE. Would you be able to drop us a tweet to @TalkTalk so my team can help? If you could include a link to this thread we'll be able to pick it up straight away for you.

Thanks
    Emma - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin