Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • November2
    • By November2 13th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    • 762Posts
    • 211Thanks
    November2
    How do I view Sky packages?
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:54 PM
    How do I view Sky packages? 13th Mar 18 at 2:54 PM
    Just signed into Sky to try to see how I can downgrade my package as I never watch the box sets, but I can't seem to find details on the different packages available to compare them. My bill shows Box Sets 38 with HD basic, 3d and Sky+ as free extras. Every link I click tells me I'm already receiving the channels and just gives me a list of things to add.
    I never subscribed to Box Sets my package was automatically renamed a while back. Does anyone know what happens if I remove the box sets, will the price go down, do I lose HD channels? Also how would I remove them, do I have to phone Sky?
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 765 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    Box Sets is part of the old Sky package, it replaced the old Family bundle.

You could move to the new Sky Entertainment which you can then add HD to and it should work out cheaper for you. You'd have to call Sky for this though to migrate you over.
    • November2
    • By November2 13th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    November2
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    Thank you, yes I used to have the Family Pack then it just changed to Box Set Pack. It's all rather confusing online, I guess it's to stop people downgrading.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Mar 18, 7:44 PM
    • 2,096 Posts
    • 952 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:44 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:44 PM
    Thank you, yes I used to have the Family Pack then it just changed to Box Set Pack. It's all rather confusing online, I guess it's to stop people downgrading.
    Originally posted by November2
    There's only the one package nowadays (a good thing in my mind) which is Entertainment. You can then add extras at 5 a pop for such as HD, Kids & Boxsets. The price for new customers is 20 for the basic package so for Entertainment + HD you won't pay more than 25 but you should be able to reduce that I think (especially if you schedule a cancellation) so there's definitely big savings for you.

Edit: I should have added that I'm on Boxsets (which gives you Entertainment + Kids + HD + Boxsets + Formula 1) at 50% off for an 18 month rolling contract so you don't necessarily have to downgrade. I've seen people on here pay 11 for Entertainment and 2.50 for each add-on although they've taken the cancellation to the wire or even let it turn off.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 13-03-2018 at 7:49 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin