Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fleur52
    • By Fleur52 13th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fleur52
    ASDA charged my card twice and very poor service
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    ASDA charged my card twice and very poor service 13th Mar 18 at 2:41 PM
    Hi there
    I ordered some grovery items via online shopping at ASDA website and it was for the very first time I have used ASDA.
    My order was supposed to have delivered between 8.30-9.30pm and around 10.15 I called them to find out what happened to the order, and was told they need to cancel it because the van broke down. Having waited for two hours no one informed of this until I called and I was not happy.
    I asked them to cancel the order and refund me the money.
    Then 10 minutes later the order arrived, and I told the two peopled who delivered the goods to let the customer services know that they delivered because I asked them to cancel the order so they may have cancelled it.
    This morning I checked the card statement online, and saw that ASDA had debited my account on 12th in the morning for the order placed on Friday, and at 10.48pm another debit shows. I think either there is a fault at the system whereby an order is cancelled it goes into a new order hence another debit or the person put through refund did not do it properly.
    I could not get any help through Customer Services as the woman had no clue whatsoever about the debits and credits and refunds. Kept telling me the order was cancelled and I have book another date.
    I was looking into some complaints and found out there are hundreds of people complaining.

Does anyone think that they do this deliberately so they keep taking money twice?
    Just because card data is saved on their systems does not give them right to use the money as they did not call me or get my authorisation.

Please let me know if any one has had this experience with ASDA or any other retailer.

Page 2
    • 8i6daddy
    • By 8i6daddy 14th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    8i6daddy

Please read the title and the points raised here before you making a judgement. Thank you.
    Originally posted by Fleur52
    I'm not an idiot, I can read the title of your post....I'll make judgement however I like based on the "information" you have provided.

ASDA Charged you twice because you placed an order, then cancelled, then told the driver to basically charge you again. It's your total lack of understanding of how things work that has put you in this situation. Asda have done nothing wrong other than action your requests either online or verbally.

The fact that the delivery turned up in a reasonable amount of time outside of your original booked slot (around 30 mins late) just shows that you haven't given them much leeway before making a complaint. You were told about a "breakdown" which obviously wasnt serious enough to warrant contacting every customer (it could have been a flat tyre for all we know)

Unfortunately Britain is turning very very lazy and more and more people have a complete lack of understanding of how things go on behind the scenes and as soon as something, however minor happens, take straight to the internet/social media to vent their unnecessary anger.

I suggest you read up on how payments/refunds are processed in different circumstances before another company gets it from you....

For every customer like you there are tens of thousands that are more than happy....
    Last edited by 8i6daddy; 14-03-2018 at 3:59 PM.
    • Fleur52
    • By Fleur52 14th Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fleur52
    ASDA charging twice
    I didn't mean food delivery.

I order things all the time from M&S, its' the same principle. Your order and pay and agree a time/date they provide a good service. May be I have very high standards and I expect an excellent service as I am from the 'old school'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,331Posts Today

5,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin