Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jacarandasparrow
    • By Jacarandasparrow 13th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jacarandasparrow
    Crashed into a car that had alreay crashed....
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    Crashed into a car that had alreay crashed.... 13th Mar 18 at 2:38 PM
    Sunday night, coming round a bend, I hit a car that had itself already just crashed. When I hit it, the other car was half on, half off the road, at right angles to the carriageway, with backend to the road, on my side of the road. The front nearside of my car hit the rear nearside of his car, spinning him round 180 degrees, so that he ended up front facing to the road.

Thankfully I'm uninjured, and the other driver's injuries are apparently not too serious. Astonished to find that my insurers consider this my fault - that in their view the other car was "parked". Is this right? They are saying that they will have to pay for the damage to the other driver's car, but all of the damage to his front end (extensive) was caused by his own solo accident going off the road before I even came along?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - is it worth fighting?
Page 2
    • Deastons
    • By Deastons 14th Mar 18, 9:32 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Deastons
    Or be significantly greater in mass.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    All the more reason to slow down.
    • GothicStirling
    • By GothicStirling 14th Mar 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    GothicStirling
    The lesson here is: when approaching a bend in the road, slow down!
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 14th Mar 18, 10:29 AM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 934 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    Or both...
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    I see your point but too fast for the bend could mean he wouldn’t have got round.
    • MobileSaver
    • By MobileSaver 14th Mar 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 1,981 Thanks
    MobileSaver
    The lesson here is: when approaching a bend in the road, slow down!
    Originally posted by GothicStirling
    Where's the fun in that though?
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 14th Mar 18, 11:42 AM
    • 17,395 Posts
    • 15,762 Thanks
    AdrianC
    I see your point but too fast for the bend could mean he wouldn’t have got round.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    That might be how it works on the track, but it's not how it works on the road...
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 14th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 2,510 Posts
    • 7,521 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    That might be how it works on the track, but it's not how it works on the road...
    Exactly, and as I've said before, driving on the road isn't a competitive sport.
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 14th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 934 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    Isn’t it? You get round a corner without incident on the road what’s the problem?
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 14th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 17,395 Posts
    • 15,762 Thanks
    AdrianC
    Just because you got round without incident that time...

Luck and complacency aren't the same thing as preparation, y'know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin