Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Omollmeg
    • By Omollmeg 13th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 835Thanks
    Omollmeg
    Furniture village!!
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    Furniture village!! 13th Mar 18 at 2:08 PM
    Help/advice please,
    finally after a year of phonecalls FV agree my sofa is rubbish and that i can get a refund and choose another sofa.
    I actually choose another FV sofa (as it was all i liked) and agreed to get the old one collected and new one delivered all on the same day.
    There is however a price difference and FV now owe me roughly 150.
    I then get a letter to say that the refund will actually only be about 90 as i need to pay for the delivery charge!!!
    What??? I wouldn't be having another delivery charge if the original sofa was of an acceptable standard.....
    Am i correct?? I shouldn't have to pay for delivery again should I??
    Advice please and how do I get them to agree to the original agreed amount???
    I'm so cross
    Thankyou in advance
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 688 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    It looks like they have done two things here, first corrected the first contract and put you back to your original position, which is a full refund.

Then you have opted to create a new contract with them and so need to pay the value of that contract including the delivery charges, otherwise just take the refund in full and go elsewhere.
    • Omollmeg
    • By Omollmeg 13th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 835 Thanks
    Omollmeg
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    but at no point in the first letter i got did it mention delivery and she put the total amount due back all in letter format. She then came back with another letter a couple of weeks later stating i have to now pay delivery!!!
    perhaps my own fault for staying with them for the replacement however am bemused that they have the nerve to charge as they were collecting the old sofa at the same time
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 14th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 688 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    If that letter had enough information to amount to a contract i.e the offer which you accepted then you could potentially use this as your leverage. Ultimately you are still ending up in a better position with your new suite and some money in the pocket to boot, it may not be worth causing more stress for yourself, or it may, the choice is yours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

903Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin