Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ra2258
    • By ra2258 13th Mar 18, 1:58 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ra2258
    Moto Chievley / CP Plus / Hire Car
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:58 PM
    Moto Chievley / CP Plus / Hire Car 13th Mar 18 at 1:58 PM
    Hi folks,

In early February, a family member / friend pulled into the Moto Chievley as they were unwell. They went in, had a coffee and did some work. The left a bit under four hours later...

It was in a hire car as their normal car was in the shop.

They received a PCN yesterday. CP Plus apparently contacted the hire agency who passed on my contact details which is how they found me (as the car was hired under my name) so thus they got my address. This does not mean I was the driver.

From reading the Newbie thread - I think this is a good thing that the hire car sent this on to me (as the car was under my name but others can drive it)?

I planned on writing Moto Chievely (parkingqueries@moto-way.com) to explain the situation.

I also planned on sending the "Edna Basher" template but cannot find the actual template (it is mentioned a lot in the forum).
    1. Can someone point me to to the actual "Edna Basher" Template / Link?
    2. Or should I use the "generic" letter as it was a hire car and the hire agency sent them to me?
    3. Should I do anything else?

Again - not saying this was me but the car was under my name...

Many thanks for any help and advice....All the best!
    Last edited by ra2258; 14-03-2018 at 7:30 AM.
Page 2
    • ra2258
    • By ra2258 13th Apr 18, 5:42 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ra2258
    I wanted to let folks know that my appeal has been a success. Please see below. I also wanted to thank everyone for their help - it is really, really appreciated. Many thanks for everyone's help. All the best - Peace!

------

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,

CP Plus Ltd
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,120 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Haha, CP Plus knew they couldn't win without the driver's details. Stuffed!

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

196Posts Today

1,969Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin