Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pirateboy
    • By Pirateboy 13th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Pirateboy
    Wedding suit problems 6 days before wedding.
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    Wedding suit problems 6 days before wedding. 13th Mar 18 at 1:37 PM
    Hi.
    I’m getting married on Monday 19th.
    I was measured up & paid for a suit on 23rd October from A Suit That Fits, the Birmingham branch. I paid on visa debit, £900. I had the first fitting November 16th. The trousers didn’t fit well at all. I was told to rearrange at the end of January in case of any weight being gained over the Christmas period. I didn’t gain or lose any weight. I called back but the lady who had measured me had left the company. They couldn’t fit me in until the 15th of February because another member of staff had left, they were now operating once a week in Birmingham instead of 5 days a week. Another lady measured me up again & said the trousers would have to be remade because they were too far out. Assured me they would be done as a priority & guaranteed one or two more fittings before the wedding. After many phone calls, on Friday afternoon they called & asked me to come to London on Monday morning, which was out of the question because of work. They said they were 95% sure they would fit & posted them out. I received them today & they are worse than the original ones, ill fitting, baggy & short. I’ve sent photos via email & I’m waiting for a manager to ring me. The wedding is in 6 days so there is nothing they can do anyway. Am I in my rights to ask for a full refund since the suit was specifically for this event & they had 5 months to have it fitted properly?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 2
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 14th Mar 18, 12:56 PM
    • 849 Posts
    • 1,326 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    I maintain my position that MW's post was not helpful in the context of the thread.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    But as MW's comment wasn't meant to be helpful in the context of the thread but was clearly worded so that it might be helpful in the future, what's the problem with what they posted?

Irrespective of who posted it, why would you want to report what might be a helpful and informative post as spam?

After all, isn't the following comment that you recently made also not in the least bit helpful seeing as the OP in question had already made their purchase of a Sony product.
    Because they can't get any money out of you if you deal with Amazon. It's not their job to explain your consumer rights to you. Personally I no longer buy Sony products because of an acrimonious warranty dispute I had with them over 20 years ago.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    • Morglin
    • By Morglin 15th Mar 18, 10:15 AM
    • 14,655 Posts
    • 26,965 Thanks
    Morglin
    Try the 'Big and Tall' range at M&S - they sell the jacket, trousers and waistcoats separately, and do next day delivery.

Good luck for your wedding.

Lin.
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Mar 18, 10:22 AM
    • 20,191 Posts
    • 54,194 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Try the 'Big and Tall' range at M&S - they sell the jacket, trousers and waistcoats separately, and do next day delivery.

Good luck for your wedding.

Lin.
    Originally posted by Morglin
    The OP says:
    Thank you for your advice.
    £900 is a bloody fortune to spend on a suit, especially for a welder! Nothing off the peg fits. I originally went to Slaters, they tried to fit one 3 times, then said I needed a made to measure one.
    Ex rugby player, 6’2”, 48” chest, 19” neck, 33” waist, 26” thighs. Regular fit allows a 6” difference between your chest & waist, mine is 15”!
    When I go into a shop all I see is ‘slim fit, skinny fit, super skinny fit’
    Originally posted by Pirateboy
    • stragglebod
    • By stragglebod 15th Mar 18, 1:11 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    stragglebod
    If it's just the trousers that are the issue, I don't suppose the OP can find some Scottish/Irish/Greek/Canadian/PnG blood at the last minute?
    • Loanranger
    • By Loanranger 15th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 2,113 Posts
    • 5,556 Thanks
    Loanranger
    If it's just the trousers that are the issue, I don't suppose the OP can find some Scottish/Irish/Greek/Canadian/PnG blood at the last minute?
    Originally posted by stragglebod
    But that would only be skirting around the problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin