Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :( 13th Mar 18 at 1:08 PM
    The keeper received one of these parking charges through the post for apparently overstaying in their local tesco car park for over 4 hours. Thing is, the driver never did. The driver must have been there around 2.30pm and returned at 7pm. So they've clearly missed the drivers car exiting and returning in between. The keeper can't get through to the !!!!! over the phone. The keeper has been down and spoken to the manager of the car park and he says he can't do anything. So the keeper will probably have to go through the appeal process. The keeper knows the advice used to be ignore these notices but belives things have changed recently? Anyone know?
    Last edited by Gazbaz77; 13-03-2018 at 3:05 PM.
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 61,674 Posts
    • 74,559 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Start a new thread after reading NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

See below, 2 clicks back (don't ask for a link, please, it's right there staring at you now, where to read).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 7:01 PM
    • 61,674 Posts
    • 74,559 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ha. They've either done as you said. Or it's a massive contradiction if they're just going off my two visits which I proved with my club card statement.

If it was issued correctly and they've let me off as a gesture of good will. Then there's only proof or I've only submitted proof that i've visited that store the once, you know when I supposedly overstayed for 4 plus hours.

They can't go off my club card statement to assume I visit the store often if there also saying g I overstayed and only visited the once.

Also they can't go off the keepers address to assume I live very close to the store, as the actual keeper of the vehicle is not myself and the fine was posted to the keeper who lives about 9 miles away.

Where would you suggest I go with this. I could try replying to my MP. But she seems to think she's done her job making sure I don't have to pay the PCN, when in fact I'd already had it upheld prior to even contacting her.
    Originally posted by Gazbaz77
    I would reply and send them a SAR asking for all the times that VRN has been recorded at that location, with all times & dates from their system that they currently hold...

If they show they have stored lots of data, then make a formal ICO complaint!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 9:54 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    I would reply and send them a SAR asking for all the times that VRN has been recorded at that location, with all times & dates from their system that they currently hold...

If they show they have stored lots of data, then make a formal ICO complaint!

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Will do that. Iv'e also just visited the car park on two separate occasions, 20 mins apart. Seeing as it's such a nice company and all.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Apr 18, 10:07 PM
    • 9,280 Posts
    • 9,539 Thanks
    KeithP
    I hope the signs don't say something like "no return visit within two hours" - or something like that.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    I hope the signs don't say something like "no return visit within two hours" - or something like that.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    They do. No return within 2 hours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,267Users online

Martin's Twitter