Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :( 13th Mar 18 at 1:08 PM
    The keeper received one of these parking charges through the post for apparently overstaying in their local tesco car park for over 4 hours. Thing is, the driver never did. The driver must have been there around 2.30pm and returned at 7pm. So they've clearly missed the drivers car exiting and returning in between. The keeper can't get through to the !!!!! over the phone. The keeper has been down and spoken to the manager of the car park and he says he can't do anything. So the keeper will probably have to go through the appeal process. The keeper knows the advice used to be ignore these notices but belives things have changed recently? Anyone know?
    Last edited by Gazbaz77; 13-03-2018 at 3:05 PM.
Page 3
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Looks like Ralph has deleted his post, doesn't it?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Must have. possible posted it after I'd put the post up[ about myself contacting tesco customer services.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Right I have sent it off with the clubcard statement and witness statement attached. Thanks for all the great advise on here. I will let you know how I get on.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 15th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Got a reply to my appeal...

Dear xxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge Notice xxxxxxx

We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal, on behalf of the driver, appealing against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle.

We note your comments and must refer you to the Protection of Freedoms Act (PoFA) 2012, Schedule 4 - Recovery of unpaid Parking Charges. This is available to view online at:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4

We must therefore request that the details of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention are supplied; this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address. If you are unwilling or unable to provide these details the registered keeper of this vehicle will remain liable for this PCN. This information should be provided by 27th March 2018. Please note, Premier Park Limited will not reply to any correspondence until after the above date, if the requested information is not provided.

If we do not receive this information by the date given, the registered keeper of the vehicle at the date of event will be held liable.

If you would like to view our photographic evidence, please visit www.pcnpayments.com

Please respond by return or by filling in the Transfer of Liability form on the reverse of the PCN and posting it to Premier Park, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG.

Yours Sincerely,

cid:

The Appeals Team

Premier Park Ltd
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK ignore that, normal begging email from PP wanting to know the driver. Sit tight.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 15th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    OK ignore that, normal begging email from PP wanting to know the driver. Sit tight.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

And this one?

Dear Mr xxxxxcc

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to Parking Charge Notice xxxxx to ensure that we are compliant with codes of practice and in line with legislation there is a requirement to ensure that communication is with the legally registered keeper of the motor vehicle that is held on file at the time of the contravention regarding the above PCN.

To that end an exceeded maximum stay period contravention occurred at xxx xxx onn 13th February 2018. In circumstances where a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) is unpaid or requires issuing a request to the DVLA for the registered keeper!!!8217;s details is made. This is in compliance with the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 Reg.27 !!!8211; Disclosure of registration and licensing particulars. Because of this contravention, there is reasonable cause to obtain and use this information in compliance with the Data Protection Act.

Having carefully considered your request of the Data Protection Act s.10 on this occasion we have decided that your request is unjustified as per the reasons above.

Your appeal will be dealt with separately, in line with the code of practice.

Yours Sincerely
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Mar 18, 3:51 PM
    • 9,957 Posts
    • 10,259 Thanks
    KeithP
    Yes, ignore that too.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Let them waste their time and man hours and POPLA fee in the end (they have to pay). Wasting a PPC's time is ALWAYS a good thing because no-one here pays such firms, even if they win at POPLA and the industry needs bringing down. Waste their time. Hope they sweat over it.

Nasty ex-clamper firm, named and shamed in Parliament before. Not worthy of your money or stress.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 15th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Let them waste their time and man hours and POPLA fee in the end (they have to pay). Wasting a PPC's time is ALWAYS a good thing because no-one here pays such firms, even if they win at POPLA and the industry needs bringing down. Waste their time. Hope they sweat over it.

Nasty ex-clamper firm, named and shamed in Parliament before. Not worthy of your money or stress.
    There nothing but a bunch of vultures. Quite shocked at this double dipping thing tbh. They might as well be out on the streets picking peoples pockets. I'll be writing a complaint to tesco letting them know how these parasites are operating in the car park their customers are using. And letting my local MP know about it and might even put a post on my local Facebook group warning others about their sneaky tactics.
    Last edited by Gazbaz77; 15-03-2018 at 4:24 PM.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 16th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Received this today...

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge Notice xxxxxxx

We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to your vehicle.

Please be advised that on this occasion your appeal has been upheld and the above PCN has now been cancelled. We have now removed your details from this PCN.

Yours Sincerely,

So it's been cancelled? What if I'd not had my clubcard statement as proof? What if I'd have just paid it? What about the unneeded stress this has caused? What about the time its taken from me going to see the Tesco manager, and the car park manager and also the time I've spent on here getting advice. Which was great btw. Where's the apology? Bunch of jokers!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 18, 1:21 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Absolutely right - complain to your MP and Trading Standards.

This CANNOT continue.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 2:17 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Ok I promised I'd contact my MP and let you know how i went on..

I explained the situation. Firstly I received a response from my MP pointing out there are parking restrictions in place at my local shopping centre. Funnily enough where my local MP's office are, so she'll no doubt know all about them. They didn't seem to grasp the fact I'd just had an attempt at my pockets being picked by this parking firm. So I wrote another letter more to the point, explaining what 'double dipping' is. This is my response from her, and from the parking company. Apparently I was let off with the PCN as an act of goodwill!! Nothing to do with the fact I had proof I hadn't contravened there stupid parking restrictions. Like any of these vultures let anything slide, down to goodwill. Yea right!!
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 2:23 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77

• trisontana
    • By trisontana 9th Apr 18, 8:52 AM
    • 8,995 Posts
    • 13,869 Thanks
    trisontana
    Oh yes, the famous "gesture of goodwill. This is the best definition I have found of that meaningless phrase:-

This is a nasty put-down that companies use when they know that they have been caught out and they have no choice but to try and buy you off with some token payment in order to avoid further trouble.
    'Gesture of goodwill' means that you have won but the company wants to try and retain control and make you feel grateful.
    The fact is that 99 times out of 100, the company is doing no more than they should have done under the contract anyway.
    'Gesture of goodwill' is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Customer Service today.

This actually refers to the retail and service sector, but it's still apt in many ways for these PPC clowns.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    • 4,309 Posts
    • 6,111 Thanks
    Half_way
    If they think the pcn was issued correctly for a double dip, then I would be tempted to take it further.
    As you said what about all the others who may have fallen victim to the double dip scam, and been too scared to contest it?
    what about this in hire/lease vehicles where the hire company just paid ignoring have advice and then charged the end user a hefty admin fee?
    What about the stress/worry/lost sleep and time its cost you?
    Local authorities can not use ANPR why should such inaccurate devices be allowed in private car parks, and relied upon to issue parking charge notices?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 1:04 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    If they think the pcn was issued correctly for a double dip, then I would be tempted to take it further.
    As you said what about all the others who may have fallen victim to the double dip scam, and been too scared to contest it?
    what about this in hire/lease vehicles where the hire company just paid ignoring have advice and then charged the end user a hefty admin fee?
    What about the stress/worry/lost sleep and time its cost you?
    Local authorities can not use ANPR why should such inaccurate devices be allowed in private car parks, and relied upon to issue parking charge notices?
    Originally posted by Half_way
    Exactly. I was expecting an apology and I'd have been happy to forget about it and move on. I'm more annoyed at the fact they're making out they're not on the fiddle and I was in the wrong but they let me off because they're such a decent company. And the fact my MP is happy with this, even though I attached all the proof I've put in here. Showing I did nothing wrong.

I might go shop lifting and if I get caught ill offer to give the stolen goods back as an gesture of good will. Wonder if I'd be allowed to walk away?

There's zero acknowledgment of this con from my MP. They just want me to be happy I've been let off it and go away. We'll sorry no, I will not just go away. I've done nothing wrong to be let off from.

Not exactly sure of my next move, seem I'm wasting my time with my MP.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Oh yes, the famous "gesture of goodwill. This is the best definition I have found of that meaningless phrase:-

This is a nasty put-down that companies use when they know that they have been caught out and they have no choice but to try and buy you off with some token payment in order to avoid further trouble.
    'Gesture of goodwill' means that you have won but the company wants to try and retain control and make you feel grateful.
    The fact is that 99 times out of 100, the company is doing no more than they should have done under the contract anyway.
    'Gesture of goodwill' is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Customer Service today.

This actually refers to the retail and service sector, but it's still apt in many ways for these PPC clowns.
    Originally posted by trisontana
    Yup. That's exactly what it is.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 9th Apr 18, 1:36 PM
    • 1,929 Posts
    • 2,620 Thanks
    Castle
    Not exactly sure of my next move, seem I'm wasting my time with my MP.
    Originally posted by Gazbaz77
    Write to Sir Greg Knight, (Tory), to point out how lazy your own Labour MP is.

I notice that Ms Reeves is on Twitter
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    How can they see that you were a 'regular user of the car park'?

Is that because they have retained ANPR data that they should have long since deleted, under the ICO ANPR/surveillance camera CoP?

https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

Page 20:
    Where it is not necessary to retain information, for example, it does not
    achieve the purpose for which you are collecting and retaining
    information, then it should be deleted.

Example: If a supermarket uses an ANPR system to monitor use of its car park
    when there is a two hour free parking limit and retains the details gathered from the
    ANPR system for those cars that have not exceeded the parking limit, then this is
    unnecessary and excessive and unlikely to comply with the data protection principles.

In this example, the VRM would be the individual's personal data.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 9th Apr 18, 6:07 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    How can they see that you were a 'regular user of the car park'?

Is that because they have retained ANPR data that they should have long since deleted, under the ICO ANPR/surveillance camera CoP?

https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

Page 20:
    Ha. They've either done as you said. Or it's a massive contradiction if they're just going off my two visits which I proved with my club card statement.

If it was issued correctly and they've let me off as a gesture of good will. Then there's only proof or I've only submitted proof that i've visited that store the once, you know when I supposedly overstayed for 4 plus hours.

They can't go off my club card statement to assume I visit the store often if there also saying g I overstayed and only visited the once.

Also they can't go off the keepers address to assume I live very close to the store, as the actual keeper of the vehicle is not myself and the fine was posted to the keeper who lives about 9 miles away.

Where would you suggest I go with this. I could try replying to my MP. But she seems to think she's done her job making sure I don't have to pay the PCN, when in fact I'd already had it upheld prior to even contacting her.
    • Wez8
    • By Wez8 9th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wez8
    Just received a fine from premier parking
    My wife goes to xercise4less on a regular basis and last week had to go in my van instead of the car as it was in for repair so when entering the gym you punch in your vehicle reg on a computer but force of habit put in the car reg so hence a parking fine from premier parking we're do I stand with this any advice appreciated
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,627Posts Today

8,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin