Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :( 13th Mar 18 at 1:08 PM
    The keeper received one of these parking charges through the post for apparently overstaying in their local tesco car park for over 4 hours. Thing is, the driver never did. The driver must have been there around 2.30pm and returned at 7pm. So they've clearly missed the drivers car exiting and returning in between. The keeper can't get through to the !!!!! over the phone. The keeper has been down and spoken to the manager of the car park and he says he can't do anything. So the keeper will probably have to go through the appeal process. The keeper knows the advice used to be ignore these notices but belives things have changed recently? Anyone know?
    Last edited by Gazbaz77; 13-03-2018 at 3:05 PM.
Page 2
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 14th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 3,413 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Noone said to do this over the phone

TELL them to cancel it in person.

State the vehicle was there twice, and youre furious that a company is harassing you while shoipping there.
    Return items if needed, and point out you will not shop there.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Noone said to do this over the phone

TELL them to cancel it in person.

State the vehicle was there twice, and youre furious that a company is harassing you while shoipping there.
    Return items if needed, and point out you will not shop there.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    No. I went down to see the manager of the car park before starting this thread. Ended up speaking to him through one of his buddies mobiles.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 3:26 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Managed to log into Google maps and selected the day in question. But have no location history for this day. oh well, worth a try.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    How do I insert an image in here?
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    So I checked my clubcard statement. Which has two transactions on that date. But no time stamp. so I called Tesco customer services, explained what had happened. And asked if they could see any time stamps on my statement on there end. The guy I was speaking had a look and yes he can see two transactions with time stamps. One a few minutes after the supposed time I entered their car park and the other, a few mins before supposedly leaving their car park after my supposed 4 and half hours stay. So if don't prove my innocence, I don't know what will. He's emailed me a copy so I'll attach that to the appeal thing.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 7,681 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    KeithP
    How do I insert an image in here?
    Originally posted by Gazbaz77
    Host your image on a site like tinypic and then post a link here.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 4:17 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 4:49 PM
    • 7,681 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    KeithP

That sentence flouts the law since 13 January 2018.

See here: MSE News Article
    Last edited by KeithP; 14-03-2018 at 4:56 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 4:52 PM
    • 58,434 Posts
    • 71,936 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Come up with a plausible explanation of where you were in between - maybe get a family member, colleague or friend to write a Witness Statement to corroborate where you *were* for an hour...you remember...they remember...think about it.

Include that Witness Statement in your appeal saying where you were, and that you then returned to the same retail park later in the day, plus the evidence from Tesco that you visited twice.

Put together the usual sort of POPLA appeal you see all over the forum here (Premier Park win lots of them) but in your case, with the above evidence as your first appeal point (followed by the usual stuff from post#3 of the NEWBIES thread), you should win on that basis.

Please don't reply saying no-one can confirm where you were in between...think hard, course they can!

If you lose, so what, you are not liable. You could send a SAR* to Premier Park asking for ALL instances of the VRN being captured on that day; you could do that at the same time as the POPLA appeal.

*Google SAR if not sure what it is.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• CHB555
    • By CHB555 14th Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CHB555
    Advice on parking
    Hello I parked my car in Brittania car park opposite hospital where I was having day surgery I was unable to drive home so friend collected me .I put a further 24 hour ticket it runs out 20.15 tonight ,I am unable to drive or collect my car for a few days and cannot get through to the company I have left my name telephone number and car registration ..on a voice mail
    Is there anything g else I can do ?
    Thank You
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 4:58 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Surely that's proof enough? I'd just like to add this is not a huge retail site in the middle of a city. Its just a little car park with about 10 other shops on there. Its actually a few minutes down the road where I live, in a little town. Don't know why they've even got these cameras there tbh. There's no way I'd go in, ni into tesco then spend another 4+ hours milling around the other shops then return to tesco for something else.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 5:01 PM
    • 7,681 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    KeithP
    CHB555, welcome to the forums.

Yes, here's something you can do.

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and you'll find all the guidance you could possibly need there.

If you still have further questions please start a new thread.

Trying to progress two different issues for two different people can only lead to confusion.

Please, no further responses on this thread. Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 5:01 PM
    • 58,434 Posts
    • 71,936 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please delete the post above, CHB555, this is not your thread.

Email Britannia, how abut bothering this guy:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Products-Services/Britannia-Parking-Ltd/129511

If you get a PCN come back and start a new thread and read the NEWBIES thread.

NO REPLY HERE PLEASE!! DELETE YOUR POST AND I WILL DELETE MINE.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 5:03 PM
    • 58,434 Posts
    • 71,936 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Surely that's proof enough?
    No it is not proof enough. Do you want them off your back or not?

POPLA will NOT agree that you left then returned unless you somehow corroborate it, which a friend or family member can write in 5 minutes flat. You know, that person who saw you...remember?!

• Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    No it is not proof enough. Do you want them off your back or not?

POPLA will NOT agree that you left then returned unless you somehow corroborate it, which a friend or family member can write in 5 minutes flat. You know, that person who saw you...remember?!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Yea I get what you're saying. Seems a lot if messing about. I don't know how they get away with it tbh. It's like I've been selected for a random stress test or something.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 5:34 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    OK, will be appealing via there online appeal form. So I'll add a witness statement confirming my whereabout in between. Plus a copy of my club card statement for that day.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 7,681 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    KeithP
    have you asked Tesco for a copy of the transactions with time stamp ?

Ralph
    It would've been good if a few words of explanation were in post #27, but I think that's what the right hand side of the picture in that post is supposed to be showing us.
    Last edited by KeithP; 14-03-2018 at 5:39 PM.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    It would've been good if a few words of explanation were in post #27, but I think that's what the right hand side of the picture in that post is supposed to be showing us.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    I did explain in post #25 but couldn't upload the picture evidence. Then I figured how to upload pics after someone told me how. Then put the pic up.

Also where is the post you are quoting as I can't find it in this thread?
    Last edited by Gazbaz77; 14-03-2018 at 5:49 PM.
    • Gazbaz77
    • By Gazbaz77 14th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Gazbaz77
    Right this is where I'm at. This look ok?

Jst need to write out a short witness statement stating where I was in between the visits and attach that along with the clubcard statement.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

The driver has informed me that they did not spend 4 hours and 24 minutes in your car park and did in fact visit on two separate occasions. Which on both visits used their club card in Tesco and can prove this with their Tesco Clubcard statement, which I will be attaching a copy of to this appeal form. I will also be attaching a witness statement stating where they was for the 4+ hours in between the two visits to your car park.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7,681 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    KeithP
    Also where is the post you are quoting as I can't find it in this thread?
    Looks like Ralph has deleted his post, doesn't it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

148Posts Today

1,725Users online

Martin's Twitter