Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • walidjumblat
    • By walidjumblat 13th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    walidjumblat
    Can I contunue to use previous years ISA account ?
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    Can I contunue to use previous years ISA account ? 13th Mar 18 at 1:03 PM
    Hello, I have read and understand the ISA rules that I have accessed. Including the 20K yearly allowance and that it can be distributed amongst various types of ISAs. But its still not clear to me if , in the next tax year, I can continue to pay into the ISA account that I opened this year. As an extreme ( simple example ) could I open a stocks and shares ISA in this year and then just pay 20K a year into it every tax year. Or do I need to open a seperate ISA each year ?
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 7,617 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    You can simply keep paying into the same one, there's no need to restart with another just because it's a new tax year with a new annual allowance.
    • walidjumblat
    • By walidjumblat 13th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    walidjumblat
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    Thanks ... so just to clarify after say 5 years I could have 100K saved in a single ISA account if I I put my yearly ISA allowance into the same account ?
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 13th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 12,589 Posts
    • 11,240 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    Thanks ... so just to clarify after say 5 years I could have 100K saved in a single ISA account if I I put my yearly ISA allowance into the same account ?
    Originally posted by walidjumblat
    Yes. It should even be much higher than that as you'd expect the investments to grow too. There are S&S ISA millionaires who have done very well from their investments when the money added to the ISA is probably under 200k
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,339Posts Today

5,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin