Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr. Parker
    • By Mr. Parker 13th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mr. Parker
    Should I appeal Smart Parking PCN after 6 weeks?
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    Should I appeal Smart Parking PCN after 6 weeks? 13th Mar 18 at 12:42 PM
    Hi,
    I was about to pay 160 for a PCN from Smart Parking Ltd., but decided to google it first and found this site with all it's great information!

The driver parked outside Sports Direct in Darlington because of their closing down sale. They didn't have any change so went into the store and bought an expensive bottle of water to receive some coins. This already took a few minutes and then they purchased a ticket for 1 hour parking.
    They got back to the car before the ticket ran out, and thinking they could just drive off if someone turns up to issue a PCN, they went on the internet for about 10 minutes while sitting inside the car.
    Obviously they were wrong! The vehicle had been parked there for 1:15 hours which was caught on camera...

The keeper has received all postal correspondence since that day which was approximately 6 weeks ago.
    The keeper read here that they have 28 days to appeal, which is written nowhere on the PCN, so should they still appeal to Smart Parking, or is it too late?

The keeper also read to ignore the debt recovery letters, but read in another post that it's better to reply to them.

The keeper would be grateful for any advise and thanks in advance,

Mr. Smart Parker.
    Last edited by Mr. Parker; 13-03-2018 at 7:06 PM. Reason: Advice
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Mar 18, 12:45 PM
    • 9,520 Posts
    • 9,301 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:45 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:45 PM
    This is a scam do not pay these shysters a penny.

You have now become enmeshed with an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,079 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    Could anyone advise me what to do? I read here that I have 28 days to appeal, which is written nowhere on the PCN, so should I still appeal to Smart Parking, or is it to late?
    Do the template appeal anyway, as it might make them cancel - send it to Smart not DRP!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mr. Parker
    • By Mr. Parker 13th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr. Parker
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    The keeper shall send off the template appeal and see how it goes. And post an update here to know you how they get on.
    Last edited by Mr. Parker; 13-03-2018 at 7:07 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 18,376 Posts
    • 23,279 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    edit post #1 and remove any hint of who was driving

THE DRIVER drove on the day

THE KEEPER has received all postal correspondence since that day

IGNORE drp
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin