Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chou-chou
    • By chou-chou 13th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 121Posts
    • 69Thanks
    chou-chou
    RightMove Relisting
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    RightMove Relisting 13th Mar 18 at 12:42 PM
    Our house is back on the market after the buyers pulled out 6 weeks into the process. The EA has asked RightMove to update the listing date as we're still showing as being listed in Jan and therefore won't show up in on-going searches using the 'added to site' filter.

EA has sent Memorandum of Sale as requested by RM on Friday (to prove it's an aborted sale and not just trying to bump a sticky listing) but it's still not been updated. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for RM to amend a listing and if there's anything we can do to speed it along?

In Jan we had 8 viewings and an asking price offer within 6 days of listing and this time around we've had just 2 viewings in the same space of time so it does look like lack of visibility is having an impact.

Desperate not to lost the house we've offered on!!
Page 1
    • victoriavictorious
    • By victoriavictorious 13th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    victoriavictorious
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:19 PM
    We are selling via an online agent, so have control of the back end of our RM listing.
    Every time I made an amendment, it showed up almost immediately (remembering to refresh my browser!) although RM does state to allow 24 hours for any changes to show up.
    Still, it's now well past 24 hours in your case.
    Can you perhaps check with your agent to make sure they have in fact actioned it?
    In my (recent) experience of agents, many are not always as quick off the mark as they should be and stuff they consider 'non-urgent' can easily get shoved to the bottom of the pile and forgotten.
    Yes, I know you would think it was in their interest to get properties sold, but even as a proceedable buyer, trying to get them to call back to set up viewings continues to be an ongoing problem for us.
    It would be easier to arrange an audience with the Pope.
    Just keep on at your agent until it appears.
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 13th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    We are selling via an online agent, so have control of the back end of our RM listing.
    Every time I made an amendment, it showed up almost immediately (remembering to refresh my browser!) although RM does state to allow 24 hours for any changes to show up.
    Still, it's now well past 24 hours in your case.
    Can you perhaps check with your agent to make sure they have in fact actioned it?
    In my (recent) experience of agents, many are not always as quick off the mark as they should be and stuff they consider 'non-urgent' can easily get shoved to the bottom of the pile and forgotten.
    Yes, I know you would think it was in their interest to get properties sold, but even as a proceedable buyer, trying to get them to call back to set up viewings continues to be an ongoing problem for us.
    It would be easier to arrange an audience with the Pope.
    Just keep on at your agent until it appears.
    Originally posted by victoriavictorious
    The problem the OP has is that the normal system of updates needs to be overridden at Rightmove's end. The EA needs to contact RM and plead their case on behalf of the OP.
    • chou-chou
    • By chou-chou 13th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    chou-chou
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    The problem the OP has is that the normal system of updates needs to be overridden at Rightmove's end. The EA needs to contact RM and plead their case on behalf of the OP.
    Originally posted by Surrey_EA

Exactly Surrey. RM introduced some new rules fairly recently to stop EAs bumping properties because they're not selling so we need to convince RM that we're worthy of relisting! The EA doesn't have any control over the listing date.

My EA has done what they've asked but can only communicate via email. My F5 key is getting worn out with all the refreshing of the page!!
    • victoriavictorious
    • By victoriavictorious 13th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    victoriavictorious
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    Originally posted by Surrey_EA
    Exactly, so OP needs to keep on the agent's case until that happens.
    • victoriavictorious
    • By victoriavictorious 13th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    victoriavictorious
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    ...Further to all that, I only found out by chance two days ago (when a property I'd been interested in came back on the market after having been SSTC) that they do not reappear on RM as a new listing, or in an alert, if the sale falls through.
    Unfortunately I missed out yet again, as it immediately went under offer again that same day, but this did teach me the necessity of trawling through the same search every day, and not rely on alerts or the 'within 24 hours" option.
    By doing this, I found another property that had fallen through and was being remarketed, and managed to book a viewing for it this week. Had I not done that, I'd never have even known it was available again.
    I'm not sure how widely known this is, and while I recognise that remarketing a property after a short time, or with a new agent, does not constitute a 'new on the market' property, I do feel this is a serious and counter productive omission /flaw in the RM search criteria resulting in a lot of sellers and buyers losing out unless they know to go through everything daily with a fine tooth comb.
    And aint nobody got no time for dat!
    Last edited by victoriavictorious; 13-03-2018 at 1:50 PM.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 13th Mar 18, 2:26 PM
    • 5,196 Posts
    • 24,012 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:26 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:26 PM
    Could you get your agent to do whatever it needs to to make yours a Featured Property, then at least it would become a bit more prominent.
    • chou-chou
    • By chou-chou 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    chou-chou
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    Could you get your agent to do whatever it needs to to make yours a Featured Property, then at least it would become a bit more prominent.
    Originally posted by Slinky
    It's already a 'Premium Listing' - is that the same thing?
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 13th Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    Margot123
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    My neighbour's house went back on the market as listed on the day the sale fell through.
    It appeared again on RM within 30 minutes as a 'new' listing after the vendor spoke with the EA.
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 13th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    My neighbour's house went back on the market as listed on the day the sale fell through.
    It appeared again on RM within 30 minutes as a 'new' listing after the vendor spoke with the EA.
    Originally posted by Margot123
    It's not something that can be controlled by the individual EA, has to be altered by Rightmove head office.
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 13th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    It's already a 'Premium Listing' - is that the same thing?
    Originally posted by chou-chou
    No, premium listings give extra photos in the initial thumbnail, and are more 'distinctive' box, a featured property appears in a large box at the top of the results page.
    • chou-chou
    • By chou-chou 13th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    chou-chou
    Exactly, so OP needs to keep on the agent's case until that happens.
    Originally posted by victoriavictorious
    I think he's getting fed up with me harassing him! His last message to me was that we just have to wait for RM to pull their finger out as he's provided what they've asked for.
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 13th Mar 18, 3:18 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    I think he's getting fed up with me harassing him! His last message to me was that we just have to wait for RM to pull their finger out as he's provided what they've asked for.
    Originally posted by chou-chou
    In my experience it can be 24-48hrs, once RM have been provided with the necessary info.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 13th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 10,529 Posts
    • 13,695 Thanks
    hazyjo
    How long is your contract for? Mine was 6 weeks so I'd consider changing agents in your shoes (although yours is prob at least 12 if you didn't negotiate this).
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin