Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 13th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 40Posts
    • 656Thanks
    Cocketts
    Co op shelves empty!!
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    Co op shelves empty!! 13th Mar 18 at 11:23 AM
    Has anybody else noticed this in their local Co Op - ours hasn't had a delivery since Friday and they don't know when the next one is coming in! The fridges are bare as is the fruit/veg section.
    Is it just my little corner of Essex?
    Lilli
Page 1
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 13th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 19,370 Posts
    • 44,910 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    I couldn't park near my Co-op on Sunday for delivery lorries in my little corner of Essex!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 13th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    Cocketts
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    I couldn't park near my Co-op on Sunday for delivery lorries in my little corner of Essex!
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Oooo - give us some back!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 13th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 42,460 Thanks
    Frith
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    Empty shelves in Shropshire also! It was better when it was a branch of Harry Tuffins.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 20,037 Posts
    • 53,760 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    The Co-op in the village where my Mum lives was stocked OK.
    But then again, I don't think the Co-op is the same as Mr T, Sainsbobs etc - aren't they run separately by region?
    I know my Mum's one and the in the local town (6 miles apart) aren't under the same 'umbrella'.
    Divi cards are different and the offers are different.
    • csnann
    • By csnann 13th Mar 18, 4:36 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    csnann
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:36 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:36 PM
    The Co-ops in the Guildford area have been quite understocked with fresh stuff since after xmas.
    • Sayschezza
    • By Sayschezza 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    Sayschezza
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    In my little corner of Essex the co0p was out of a lot of basics last Saturday but bit better yesterday. Ie they had eggs
    • Sayschezza
    • By Sayschezza 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    Sayschezza
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    On BBC Essex it's saying coop has IT problems in some depots. Guess that's us then.
    • LadyhavershamLost
    • By LadyhavershamLost 13th Mar 18, 6:18 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    LadyhavershamLost
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:18 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:18 PM
    our co op in Berks had LOADS of empty shelves - all fruit and veg..
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 13th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    Dark Star
    Our local Tesco (not Essex) looks like everyone raided it due to snow/zombie attacks/alien invasions etc.

There's no YS bargains & they don't refill much overnight either.

Weird & even my neighbour commented on it too.

They do have plenty of Easter Eggs though but no yoghurt type stuff/spuds/sweet peppers/bananas/bakery items & other things
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
    • BazookJoe90
    • By BazookJoe90 14th Mar 18, 10:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BazookJoe90
    It's been a few days now without any satisfactory explanation apart from 'awaiting delivery'.
    Hove branch beginning to resemble a 1980's Eastern Bloc store.
    • Blackcatsreturns
    • By Blackcatsreturns 14th Mar 18, 11:40 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    Blackcatsreturns
    Same in my corner of Surrey. Milk shelves empty, fruit and veg very low but loads of packets of YS strawberries.
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 14th Mar 18, 7:33 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 6,209 Thanks
    YorksLass
    My local one (Leeds) did have a shortage of milk, F&V and other fresh foods when the snow came but they seem to be back to normal now. BUT we are due snow again at the end of the week so it could be a case of deja vu!

Not overly generous with the ys stuff (only pennies off) but sometimes I do find bargains on tins, jars, packets etc that they're probably not going to stock again. Example, yesterday jars of Kung Po sauce for 50p instead of 1.99 with a bbe date of Aug 2018. And yes, I did buy some!

Also, ours haven't had divvi cards or stamps for a long time. It's now a loyalty card that loads 5% for every 1 spent on Co-op food products.

The one gripe I have is the lack of joints of meat - at any time. There's always plenty of sausage, bacon, burgers and chicken but very rarely joints. The reason is mine's a "local convenience store" not a "supermarket" and the powers that be in HO decide what each type of store can and can't have.
    Last edited by YorksLass; 14-03-2018 at 7:34 PM. Reason: Spelling!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too. Life has its ups and downs, use the ups to overcome the downs!
    May 130.30/175.00 NSDs144/35 (Jan-Apr 66.88 under budget)

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 14th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 25,631 Posts
    • 54,357 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The reason is mine's a "local convenience store" not a "supermarket" and the powers that be in HO decide what each type of store can and can't have.
    Originally posted by YorksLass
    I've noticed that: many stores are bog standard, but one I know of stocks far more high-end stuff, its the kind of store people shop at in the same way you would a M&S Simply Food. It's not in an upmarket place, but it is located between dense housing and a station so I reckon they make a killing out of pre-prepared food sales to tired and hungry commuters.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 15th Mar 18, 11:36 PM
    • 5,422 Posts
    • 57,984 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Our Co-Op had notices on its empty chiller cabinets today stating that there are IT problems with the distribution system.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 16th Mar 18, 8:12 AM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 31,769 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Empty shelves in Shropshire also! It was better when it was a branch of Harry Tuffins.
    Originally posted by Frith
    Ours is rubbish now it is not Tuffins, hardly any fruit and veg, lots of choc bars, crisps, fizzy drinks etc, I guess the sort of stuff that folks in cars and vans from the adjacent A49 drop in for. Hardly ever any bargains and don't sell any of the local produce now either.
    • TensandUnits
    • By TensandUnits 17th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    TensandUnits
    Our Co-Op has had various delivery problems for the past week or so. First they said it was the snow, then that there was an IT problem at the depot. Some items are still stocked ok, like newspapers, pasta and cooking oils, but other shelves like biscuits, crackers, breakfast cereals and loo rolls have been empty for days. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to it.
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 17th Mar 18, 7:38 PM
    • 4,255 Posts
    • 29,388 Thanks
    tessie bear
    our village coop looked like the locusts had been through today must be the threat of the mini beast from the east
    on the brink...
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 17th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 4,825 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Our co-op has not recovered from the last lot of snow, bread , milk and fresh veg took about a week for stocks to recover but they still have a few signs up regarding shortages due to weather on the soft drinks and chilled ready meal fridges 2 weeks later! Very little of this stock seems to be getting delivered.
    It's snowing again now (2mm settled) so I imagine they are already running out of basics!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • Frith
    • By Frith 17th Mar 18, 11:42 PM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 42,460 Thanks
    Frith
    MaddieMay - I'm guessing yours is the CA branch? Mine is the little CM one!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,029Posts Today

7,945Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin