Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alexipop123
    • By Alexipop123 13th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 42Thanks
    Alexipop123
    New camper question: How many times can you enter?
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    New camper question: How many times can you enter? 13th Mar 18 at 11:04 AM
    Hi,
    Iím pretty new to comping, having just started a couple of weeks ago. Iíve won a few things on Twitter and Instagram, so Iím ok with that, but have noticed that on the forum, the same competitions keep popping up. I know with the mag dailies you can enter every day, but arenít the others usually one entry per household? Is there any way to tell if your allowed multiple entries without reading through the terms and conditions, or should I just assume itís just the one entry and try to keep track of what Iíve entered?
    I know there are loads of tips on the new compers thread, so sorry if this has already been addressed- Iíve had a look through but just wanted to clarify what you all do!
    Thanks and good luck with everything you enter! X
Page 1
    • JamboDP
    • By JamboDP 13th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 33,749 Posts
    • 7,028,121 Thanks
    JamboDP
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    usually if it has multiple entries the OP will state this in the post and add a link to the daily thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5786002

Most other comps are usually one entry per person or household.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 13th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 17,995 Posts
    • 987,454 Thanks
    Daphne01
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    I thought you were going to be asking something about tents
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• Alexipop123
    • By Alexipop123 13th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Alexipop123
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    Oops!
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    Sorry! Autocorrect at it again! Thank you for clarifying! X
    • deb2112
    • By deb2112 13th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 3,145 Thanks
    deb2112
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    If you are ticking each post once you've entered it, you can't make a mistake and re-enter the same one unless it is a multiple entry one, which will be stated. When I first started I thought the same comps were listed more than once as I didn't realise that a lot of companies run the same one each week and sometimes each day- especially on Twitter and Facebook. These are new competitions each time,not the same one. The only occasions a comp will be listed more than once is if a poster has accidentally posted not realising someone else has posted it first. This is always spotted quickly though and the posts get merged so users avoid duplicate entries.
    • booklover500
    • By booklover500 16th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    booklover500
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    I thought you were going to be asking something about tents
    Originally posted by Daphne01

Hi-Di-Hi - I was wondering if Alexipop meant the knobbly knees or the glamorous granny contest! (of course you would have to be of a certain generation to understand what on earth I'm talking about!!)
    • TARDISGIRL
    • By TARDISGIRL 26th Mar 18, 11:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    TARDISGIRL
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:24 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:24 PM
    So I can enter the competition for each publication, not just one for the publisher. I've just come across the same prize in a number of different magazines and didn't want to waste my time, though I see each is given its own entry on the board. Sorry, very new to this. Also wondering, does autofill penalize an entry? I notice one competition asking people not to use autofill and now I'm slightly paranoid and leaving yellow boxes,
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 27th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 7,920 Posts
    • 73,385 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    • 27th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 27th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    Also a number of unrelated comps with the same prize may pop up
    prood gran to 4 lovely boys
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 27th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 22,802 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 27th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 27th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    Also a number of unrelated comps with the same prize may pop up
    Originally posted by hamsterfan1
    This happens quite a lot if a particular product is being heavily marketed.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • marialionza
    • By marialionza 28th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 6,161 Posts
    • 71,348 Thanks
    marialionza
    Kids, you are too much for me. I'm trying ...
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS HERE
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,339Posts Today

5,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin