Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woowoocaz
    • By woowoocaz 13th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    woowoocaz
    0 WOW
    cancelled booking
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    0 WOW
    cancelled booking 13th Mar 18 at 8:30 AM
    Hi I wondered if I could ask someone's advise please?
    I booked a flight for December with On the Beach for Thomas Cook flights. I entered my details, took screen shots and completed my credit card details which confirmed my booking on screen and gave me a booking reference. I received an email advising me of my booking.
    Within 10 minutes I received an email cancelling this booking with no explanation.
    I therefore contacted On the Beach to be advised there had been a pricing issue with Thomas Cook and they had, had to cancel my booking but I could now go back on and re book. When I did this the flight had gone up by £400.00 ( which I assume should have been the correct price)
    I have complained to on the Beach asking them to honour the price but they refuse and I spoke to Thomas Cook who advised they had no pricing issues at all and I should contact Trading standard's. I wrote a message on On the beaches Facebook and I have received a few reply's from people who have also had the sane happen with flights and package holidays.
    Help please
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    It's nothing to do with TC, your issue is with OTB. However, it's covered in their T&C:

1.4.1 Unless you are paying for your holiday in cash, in which case clause 1.4.2 will apply, by clicking to book and entering your personal and payment details on our website/App, you are requesting us to make an offer to the Travel Supplier to purchase the product(s) on your behalf. At this point we immediately re-contact the Travel Supplier. Each Travel Supplier will still require a short period of time to confirm that your chosen flight / hotel is still available. Although the email confirmation sent to you is NOT contractual acceptance of the Travel Supplier's ability to provide this product, it is an acknowledgement that we have received your offer, and should the product be available as detailed on our website/App then you have entered into a legally binding agreement to purchase this product subject to the Travel Supplier's Booking Conditions.

1.4.3 Once we have received confirmation from the Travel Supplier, we will contact you via email to let you know that your order has been booked. The contract is formed when the Travel Supplier issues its confirmation invoice and their booking reference number. Please note that once your booking has been confirmed to us, you can only cancel the booking in accordance with the relevant Travel Supplier's Booking Conditions which may involve cancellation charges. Equally you may also be subject to our cancellation charges to cover our administration costs.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    • 11,185 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    I have complained to on the Beach asking them to honour the price but they refuse
    Originally posted by woowoocaz
    whilst it may seem a simple request for them to honour the incorrect price, what you are saying is you want them to pay the extra £400 on your behalf which it very unlikely to happen.
    Many agents do not have live pricing so the fare advertised may not be available
    Also in the T&Cs
    1.4.4 Where the price of the flight, accommodation or any other supplemental product has been listed incorrectly in error by OTB, and the Travel Supplier is unable to honour the booking, OTB reserve the right to cancel the booking and refund all monies paid by you.
    to avoid this happening you could book the flights direct with the airline
    • woowoocaz
    • By woowoocaz 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    woowoocaz
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I understand TC isn!!!8217;t liable but they advised they were pleased I had advised them as they had become a regular thing with OTB .
    I had also noted the terms and conditions and I understand legally they do not have to honour the price but it just seems unfair
    Thanks
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    3rd party sites often do not have live prices so there's always a risk your booking won't be honoured. If you want to avoid this book direcly from the supplier.
    • woowoocaz
    • By woowoocaz 13th Mar 18, 9:09 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    woowoocaz
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:09 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:09 AM
    TOtally agree and from now on will book with the tour operators
    Sometimes you learn the hard way
    • Jack247
    • By Jack247 14th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jack247
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    Charges for cancelled Monarch flight
    • 14th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    Hello all - bought a Monarch flight via Last Minute.com - they have levied a €30 charge for ‘handling fees’ in the refund.

Is this legal ?
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 14th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 3,402 Posts
    • 1,612 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    Hello all - bought a Monarch flight via Last Minute.com - they have levied a €30 charge for ‘handling fees’ in the refund.

Is this legal ?
    Originally posted by Jack247
    They can legally charge anything allowed according to the T&Cs of the booking you made. Have you checked? Was their price cheaper than booking direct with Monarch?
    • FlameCloud
    • By FlameCloud 14th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    FlameCloud
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    Monarch are flying again??
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 14th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre

Is this legal ?
    Why would it not be legal? Did you expect them to offer their services for free?
    • Jack247
    • By Jack247 14th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jack247
    Can’t recall the fine detail, but the point being that all other friends I’ve spoken to have had full refunds from various sites. LM.COM are stating this charge is for ‘all the work they had to do to’ obtain a refund ? You can’t readily contact them, so lesson learned I guess, just will never use them again
    • Jack247
    • By Jack247 14th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jack247
    I expected a full refund for an unused item
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 14th Mar 18, 11:36 PM
    • 12,073 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    I expected a full refund for an unused item
    Indeed. Other posters misunderstood the situation (which was not at clear from your post). Since Monarch stopped flying once your booking had been made and you had every intention to travel, LastMinute should have either provided alternative flights or given you a full refund.

Getting any sense out of LastMinute is difficult, so try approaching your card provider.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin