Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deanesales
    • By deanesales 13th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deanesales
    Indigo ticket - Sandy Train Station
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    Indigo ticket - Sandy Train Station 13th Mar 18 at 8:25 AM
    Hi

I have received a notice through the post in relation to a parking charge that was supposivdly put on my car, the letter which i am unable to attach seems very dodgy

I have tried to appeal the charge using your template on indigos website but it will not let me telling me I need to contact the debt collection agency

Can you help with how i can appeal this
Page 1
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 13th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    What are the circumstances surrounding the offence?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Mar 18, 8:41 AM
    • 36,642 Posts
    • 83,001 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:41 AM
    Debt collectors can be safely ignored. Post 4 of the NEWBIES explains why.

I would suggest that you complain to the BPA and DVLA that Indigo are refusing to accept your appeal, but see what others say first.

Does the notice mention byelaws?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Mar 18, 8:41 AM
    • 2,905 Posts
    • 4,408 Thanks
    fisherjim
    If you have a debt recovery letter you have gone past their appeal stage.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 17,630 Posts
    • 27,879 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    Please read the opening post in the following thread created by an absolute newbie. The issue is completely encapsulated by this excellent analysis and proposal for dealing with it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73963466#post73963466
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    Indigo/railway bye law tickets are indeed very dodgy, for Indigo, read post one here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73963466#post73963466

Also search the several similar recent posts on here.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 13-03-2018 at 8:49 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • deanesales
    • By deanesales 13th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deanesales
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    Hi, thanks for the great advice, i have now managed to appeal this using the appeal letter in your newbies section, will let you know how i fare
    • financerulez
    • By financerulez 13th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    financerulez
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:00 AM
    Out of interest do their letters mention railway byelaw 14 or are they saying you breached the car park terms and conditions? (Or both?)
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 1,742 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    Hi, thanks for the great advice, i have now managed to appeal this using the appeal letter in your newbies section, will let you know how i fare
    Originally posted by deanesales
    and to whom did you appeal , which website?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    Also, was this a Byelaws case or a Law of Contract T&C one? We do not write this stuff for our health you know, please answer our questions.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 18, 11:10 PM
    • 57,538 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Originally posted by deanesales
    We know exactly what will happen and so will you from reading all the other Indigo/ZZPS threads!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin