Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexholmes93
    • By alexholmes93 13th Mar 18, 2:36 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    alexholmes93
    Viagogo Invalid Tickets
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:36 AM
    Viagogo Invalid Tickets 13th Mar 18 at 2:36 AM
    Having purchased standing tickets from Viagogo for a concert taking place at the end of the month, I noticed at a later date that the official ticket merchant had extra tickets available (at the time of purchasing from Viagogo the standing tickets were sold out). I noticed an information box on the official website stating that:

"We are doing our best to keep tickets for this event out of the hands of secondary ticket sellers and in the hands of the fans. The ticket purchaser's name will be printed on all tickets. The named attendee must be in attendance at the event and may have their ID checked against their order. Name changes will not be permitted. Tickets suspected of being offered on resale marketplaces will be cancelled immediately."

A further note also made clear that" PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STANDING TICKET WILL HAVE NAMES ON TICKETS AND ID's WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY."

This information was not provided by Viagogo when purchasing these standing tickets and, indeed, the ticket I was provided was in someone else's name. Additionally, Viagogo's FAQ states that "in some instances the original purchaser's name may be printed on your tickets. The tickets are valid. Your name does not need to match the name printed on the ticket to gain entry to the event." Furthermore, a number of standing tickets are still available on the Viagogo website.

Regardless of what Viagogo says, the promoter has declared these tickets invalid and will not be accepted at the venue.

I have emailed Viagogo and used the MSE Revolver website to send the complaint. Is there anything else that I should be doing at this time to get a full refund?
    Last edited by alexholmes93; 13-03-2018 at 2:56 AM. Reason: Updated post
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Mar 18, 2:53 AM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,299 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:53 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:53 AM
    Other posters on here have reported that they have got most of their money back when refused entry. Until that happens it is unlikely you will get anything.
    This space for hire.
    • alexholmes93
    • By alexholmes93 13th Mar 18, 2:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alexholmes93
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:59 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:59 AM
    Other posters on here have reported that they have got most of their money back when refused entry. Until that happens it is unlikely you will get anything.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Is there any point in calling my bank to request a chargeback, as I have now purchased legitimate tickets from the official vendor so wouldn't even try and get in with the Viagogo tickets?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Mar 18, 3:08 AM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,299 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:08 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 3:08 AM
    Is there any point in calling my bank to request a chargeback, as I have now purchased legitimate tickets from the official vendor so wouldn't even try and get in with the Viagogo tickets?
    Originally posted by alexholmes93
    You can try but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Viagogo will resist any chargeback and there is no legal right to cancel. Tickets like this are specifically exempted from consumer legislation. Not only that Viagogo are foreign based touts.

They are no different than people who hang around outside venues muttering tickets at every person who goes past them.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,354Posts Today

6,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin