Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cranford
    • By cranford 12th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    • 217Posts
    • 107Thanks
    cranford
    Cordless Rotary Lawnmower suggestions
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    Cordless Rotary Lawnmower suggestions 12th Mar 18 at 9:43 PM
    I am looking to buy a cordless lawnmower as a replacement for my current hover. Got back problems so I am looking at a rotary with wheels. Small lawn so a 30 to 34 inch cut should do. I have found a few sub 250 including a Worx
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7928879
    I have a Worx cordless drill that I have been very pleased with.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 12th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 12,878 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    Funny enough I been looking at the worx lawmowers myself a different model to that one as I have a cordless strimmer already. I have quite a few worx cordless tools and find them great. Enough think I like about the lawnmowers is they pack up into a small profile

Last time I looked a week or so ago one of there mowers is around 80 cheaper than Amazon

http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/home-and-garden/lawnmowers-and-garden-power-tools/lawnmowers-and-accessories/c:29517/brands:worx/power-type:cordless-with-battery/
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 12th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    Funny enough I been looking at the worx lawmowers myself a different model to that one as I have a cordless strimmer already. I have quite a few worx cordless tools and find them great. Enough think I like about the lawnmowers is they pack up into a small profile
    Originally posted by savemoney
    A few months ago I watched a video that was critical of battery lawnmowers.
    Battery life tends to decline after a few years, with new batteries needed anywhere between 5-8 years. The cost of batteries can be high. How old is your mower?

• savemoney
    • By savemoney 12th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 12,878 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    Its a strimmer I have and its around 30 months old its a black and decker 36v I use at allotment mainly and edge cutting on lawn at home. The batteries are very expensive for this model though 60+

The worx batteries are around 35 each for 2.0 mAh I have two already for tools I use

https://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/en-gb/products/garden-tools/strimmers/30cm-36v-20ah-lithiumion-strimmer-grass-trimmer/glc3630l20

A few months ago I watched a video that was critical of battery lawnmowers.
    Battery life tends to decline after a few years, with new batteries needed anywhere between 5-8 years. The cost of batteries can be high. How old is your mower?
    Originally posted by sevenhills
    Last edited by savemoney; 12-03-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 14th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    cranford
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    I am going for the Worx, Argos have a twin mower strimmer pack but it only has 2 batteries. For the same money I can buy a strimmer for 50 at Wickes and a mower for 150 at Argos and that way get 3 batteries, I already have one battery with my Worx cordless drill so I can always have two fully charged.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,065Posts Today

7,784Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin