Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 12th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    • 1,406Posts
    • 4,275Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    NOW TV - Anyone Help ?
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    NOW TV - Anyone Help ? 12th Mar 18 at 9:18 PM
    I have the opportunity to acquire a Now TV box NEW with a 4 month free Sky cinema Pass for a few quid.

I have read some reviews and see that people say its not that good and very difficult to cancel so I am a bit apprehensive?

I've never had anything for example Sky or otherwise like this before so unless I become addicted I plan to only use it for the 4 month "free" period.

Has anyone got NowTV ? Or would recommend it?

Thanks in advance

Sam
    Emergency Fund Challenge
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 31,599 Posts
    • 19,939 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    I have the opportunity to acquire a Now TV box NEW with a 4 month free Sky cinema Pass for a few quid.

I have read some reviews and see that people say its not that good and very difficult to cancel so I am a bit apprehensive?

I've never had anything for example Sky or otherwise like this before so unless I become addicted I plan to only use it for the 4 month "free" period.

Has anyone got NowTV ? Or would recommend it?

Thanks in advance

Sam
    Originally posted by moneyonmymindsam
    Yes I have Now TV and it is really really easy to cancel.

You login to your Now account via a pc, choose My Account then Your passes, click cancel on Your Movies, might be told you get x amount of films for x amount a month and theres a button for cancel/still cancel and boom its cancelled.

As to what these complaints are, maybe they are from the uneducated generation.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 12-03-2018 at 9:51 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 12th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,275 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    Oh Lovely thank you for your reply, I am very grateful.
    I am quite excited to be honest - was unwanted gift to a friend so they are practically giving it away to me :-)

Really appreciate the reply.
    Thank you.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 12th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    Agree, it's easy to cancel through the online account. Enjoy your free months, just diary to cancel before it expires - they won't remind you, just start charging you!
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 12th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 9,999 Posts
    • 9,883 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    With Now TV you can cancel immediately after sign-up, and the pass still remains active until its original expiration date. You can always change you mind later - it is very flexible in that respect.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 31,599 Posts
    • 19,939 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Oh Lovely thank you for your reply, I am very grateful.
    I am quite excited to be honest - was unwanted gift to a friend so they are practically giving it away to me :-)

Really appreciate the reply.
    Thank you.
    As long as you make a note in phones diary, I believe when using a code you cancel with a month to go and you still get to use it until the 4 months is up.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • tessiesmummy
    • By tessiesmummy 12th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    tessiesmummy
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    i have nowTV infact I have 3 boxes!! you can have upto 4 devices registered to 1 account so not just your box, can download the app onto iphone; ipads or andriod devices too. I love it had it a few years now. Im watching trainspotting2 as I type!
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789716 Debt Free Wannabe
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 12th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,275 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    Great thanks all for the helpful advice - Feel like my life could do with a bit of a box set or movie boost.

Sorry if I sound like a pratt - Just very pleased
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 12th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    • 9,999 Posts
    • 9,883 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    ... so they are practically giving it away to me :-)
    The Box bundles are pretty cheap, anyway - around 20-30, so they won't be too much out of pocket.

If you end up cancelling because you don't think it is VFM, have a look for Black Friday deals, which have been pretty good for the past couple of years. (They offered 12 months Entertainment and Movies for 99 in 2017, which is about 8/mth).
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 13th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 1,194 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    With Now TV you can cancel immediately after sign-up, and the pass still remains active until its original expiration date. You can always change you mind later - it is very flexible in that respect.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    That's what I do never had any issues with cancellation. New passes if required are usually available elsewhere cheaper or with a another box.
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 13th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,275 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    That's what I do never had any issues with cancellation. New passes if required are usually available elsewhere cheaper or with a another box.
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    Great thanks for the help .
    Emergency Fund Challenge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,985Posts Today

7,180Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin