Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • All eBayed Out
    • By All eBayed Out 12th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    • 1,265Posts
    • 55,325Thanks
    All eBayed Out
    Royal Mail 10 out of 17 items not delivered,day 7
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    Royal Mail 10 out of 17 items not delivered,day 7 12th Mar 18 at 8:15 PM
    Help, I'm getting very paranoid with my ebay parcels I have sent out!

I posted 17 items on Monday 5th March at my local post office and 10 are still undelivered. These are a mixture of signed for and small parcel.

I am really concerned now as I could have a huge mess to sort out.

Has anyone else had this recently? should I stop using my local post office?! I never normally get a problem. One item was only going 25 miles away and has not arrived.
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 12th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 946 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    Yes, you're getting paranoid! There are still major weather-related problems in many parts of the country, which have a knock-on effect to surrounding areas.

Should you stop using your local post office? Why - you say you never normally have a problem. Just accept that things are/have been exceptional in recent weeks and will almost certainly go back to being OK in the next few days.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 12th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    Yes, a large proportion of the mail we sent 05-03-18 is still un-delivered. The impact to an eBay seller can be huge. We will be complaining to Royal Mail, not because of the weather, but because items posted later on since the bad weather are getting through.
    I don't know how it works at Royal Mail, but it appears to me that cages are getting rolled up into queues and not rotated. And the public simply can't understand that they've received items ordered Friday and not from 5 days prior to that, and who can blame them?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 13th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 7,372 Posts
    • 10,616 Thanks
    KxMx
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    Signed For can be delivered without getting a signature, so while it appears undelivered it's not always.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    • 33,453 Posts
    • 28,353 Thanks
    custardy
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    Network is still in recovery mode. Give till Thursday and the network should be fully recovered,leaving only local delivery issues
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    • 33,453 Posts
    • 28,353 Thanks
    custardy
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    Yes, a large proportion of the mail we sent 05-03-18 is still un-delivered. The impact to an eBay seller can be huge. We will be complaining to Royal Mail, not because of the weather, but because items posted later on since the bad weather are getting through.
    I don't know how it works at Royal Mail, but it appears to me that cages are getting rolled up into queues and not rotated. And the public simply can't understand that they've received items ordered Friday and not from 5 days prior to that, and who can blame them?
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    The problem is space. The majority of buildings/mail centres dont have the space to store high volumes.
    In an ideal world it would be rotated by date but mails are stored at various points in the network.
    At times mail will 'overtake' other mail simply through logistics/capacity
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    Thank you for the info custardy. In my case, it would have been better to hold onto my mail until the following week and taking it to the PO for collection at that point. But I don't think I could have known or predicted where my mail was going to be held up and for how long.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 13th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 4,134 Posts
    • 11,249 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    I am having trouble with ebay buyers too. Some of them don't seem to watch the weather forecasts or news! I am also having trouble in that I have not received 2 parcels, but they are showing as delivered on the RM site. They were sent during the snowy period so I am wondering if the RM might have scanned them so they don't show late delivery and will deliver them later (they were 24 hour items). I hope so. I was in on the day they were supposedly delivered. I can see me having problems getting my money back if they don't turn up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin