Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredwarwick
    • By fredwarwick 12th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fredwarwick
    Misleading Energy Club comparison
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    Misleading Energy Club comparison 12th Mar 18 at 6:19 PM
    I've just signed up to Tonik energy on the basis that the Energy Club comparator said I would save 95 per year but then realised that Tonik say it will be plus 12 year.

On checking, the rates used by the Energy Club are too low.

Not good!!

Be careful when using the Energy Club!

Very disappointing from MSE
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 12th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 3,535 Posts
    • 2,188 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    Did you check what your were signing uo or. Comparing like with like, making sure you were using your annual kwh consumption and making sure that you weren't close to the end of a fixed contract.

you should never look at the potential savings, but do your own sums and check the projected cost based on your consumption in kwh and the tariff that's offered.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • fredwarwick
    • By fredwarwick 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fredwarwick
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    Did you check what your were signing uo or. Comparing like with like, making sure you were using your annual kwh consumption and making sure that you weren't close to the end of a fixed contract.

you should never look at the potential savings, but do your own sums and check the projected cost based on your consumption in kwh and the tariff that's offered.
    Originally posted by matelodave

Yes I accept that I wasn't diligent enough but for MSE to rate a company on figures of 2.625 p/kwh and a daily charge of 21.998 p when the actual rates are 3.019 and 32.648 is somewhat disconcerting.

You are right - do your own sums and don't trust MSE figures
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 12th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 3,517 Posts
    • 1,587 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    ... for MSE to rate a company on figures of 2.625 p/kwh and a daily charge of 21.998 p when the actual rates are 3.019 and 32.648
    Originally posted by fredwarwick
    Which tariff? Just checked Positively Green v12 and its the same.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Mar 18, 11:38 PM
    • 18,570 Posts
    • 12,725 Thanks
    molerat
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:38 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:38 PM
    Just checked 3 of their tariffs and the prices quoted match.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 33,028 Posts
    • 38,600 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 26th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    Post 6 is spamming , unless I'm post 6
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 26th Mar 18, 10:16 PM
    • 3,051 Posts
    • 3,973 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 26th Mar 18, 10:16 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 10:16 PM
    Post 6 is spamming , unless I'm post 6
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    You are now post #6 - spam deleted
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

2,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin