Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amandap123
    • By amandap123 12th Mar 18, 5:34 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    amandap123
    Help much appreciated please ! :)
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:34 PM
    Help much appreciated please ! :) 12th Mar 18 at 5:34 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help. I have read the Newbies Thread and cannot seem to find an answer to my question. I have now received 2 letters from Gladstoneís Solicitors regarding a parking charge from PCM. Up until now Inhavennot entered into any correspondence at all. They now say their client may instruct them to take legal action in a county court. I am not worried as I have previously been through this process , (and won) My issue is, I am not entirely sure which parking charge they are referring to. I received two from PCM last year, and have not paid either. I did appeal one of the grounds of a disabled badge having fallen down, however the appeal was rejected. The second was regarding resident parking only. I donít really want to enter into correspondence with Gladstoneís as they make my blood boil, but as the letters do not state the alleged contravention, what is the best way to find out? Obviously if this is taken to small claim i need to know which incident it was and defend appropriately.
    Thanks in advance!!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    Do write and ask your questions, as engaging with them looks more reasonable than ignoring, and you need photos of the alleged contravention and copies of all letters (will help you defend). Also if you have had 2 letters, isn't the second one a LBCCC with reply forms, which you should answer anyway.

If you search the forum for 'Solicitors immune 1st October' you can adapt the letter you find.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • amandap123
    • By amandap123 12th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amandap123
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    Thanks for the swift reply, I will be sure to write to them. Regarding the two letters, they are both exactly the same, word for word, apart from one is headed !!!8216;Final Reminder!!!8217; but no reply forms attached. No sign of said LBCCC . My 14 day period ends on the 19th, does this matter ?

Thanks again.
    • amandap123
    • By amandap123 12th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amandap123
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    Can i just check, as the letter does not mention being a LBCCC, do I need to wait for this before I send the letter as mentioned in Newbies #2? Or do I just send it now as Imthe letter states !!!8216;Final Reminder!!!8217; and !!!8216;we may now be instructed to issue legal proceedings against you in the County Court!!!8217;

Thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    Please switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid clogging up your posts with !!!!8820 and the like.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• amandap123
    • By amandap123 12th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amandap123
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    Apologies , all done ! As for the response to my query should Insend the letter or wait?
    • amandap123
    • By amandap123 14th Mar 18, 1:22 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amandap123
    • 14th Mar 18, 1:22 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 1:22 AM
    Could someone please advise as to whether I must wait for an LBCCC to engage with Gladstone's? I am not sure how else to find details of the whereabouts of the charge. Should I call them and ask?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 1:33 AM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Mar 18, 1:33 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 1:33 AM
    ABSOLUTELY NEVER NEVER PHONE A PARKING FIRM, THEIR DEBT COLLECTORS, OR SOLICITORS.

If the letter asks for payment to Debt Recovery Plus, ignore it. Not a real solicitors letter.

• Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 14th Mar 18, 8:31 AM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    Johnersh
    By all means write letters. I agree not to call.

Letters place everything on record and if Gladstones fail to supply reasonable requests for information, may assist you to prove unnecessary and premature issue of court proceedings.

No harm in requesting all of the information you require now, reminding them that you cannot determine whether the charges they seek require payment without it.

One the letter of claim comes in, they are positively obliged to provide information, but usually fail to do so. Again that should be followed up hard. Im a fan or circling the provisions of the protocol not complied with and sending it back with a written response.
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin