Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 12th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    • 464Posts
    • 238Thanks
    TBC15
    AJ Bell IPO
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    AJ Bell IPO 12th Mar 18 at 4:55 PM
    AJ Bell IPO, worth a punt?
Page 1
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 12th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    • 6,244 Posts
    • 4,499 Thanks
    Reaper
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    No details and it's up to a year away so your guess is as good as mine.
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 12th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    TBC15
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    Good grief, testing the waters or what.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 12th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 7,825 Posts
    • 14,292 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    Good grief, testing the waters or what.
    Originally posted by TBC15
    They have come clean with their customers and said they are considering an IPO. So that the customers are not upset when they read in the financial press or hear down the pub second hand that their service provider might be going public and not sure what it means for them as a customer etc etc why are we always last to hear what is happening when company is considering something like this is my money safe I have my life savings with them etc etc blah blah blah.

So they put out a customer letter which you'll have seen if you are a customer.

They are not asking you how much you would bid to buy the company or a share of the company although I'm sure you could feel free to make an approach to buy the whole business, if that's something you have the means to do. I'm not sure their announcement qualifies as "testing the waters". Nor that it deserves a "good grief" [/shrug]
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 13th Mar 18, 12:27 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    TBC15
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:27 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 12:27 AM
    They have come clean with their customers and said they are considering an IPO. So that the customers are not upset when they read in the financial press or hear down the pub second hand that their service provider might be going public and not sure what it means for them as a customer etc etc why are we always last to hear what is happening when company is considering something like this is my money safe I have my life savings with them etc etc blah blah blah.

So they put out a customer letter which you'll have seen if you are a customer.

They are not asking you how much you would bid to buy the company or a share of the company although I'm sure you could feel free to make an approach to buy the whole business, if that's something you have the means to do. I'm not sure their announcement qualifies as "testing the waters". Nor that it deserves a "good grief" [/shrug]
    Originally posted by bowlhead99
    Fair enough.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin