Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jennieblue
    • By jennieblue 12th Mar 18, 4:33 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jennieblue
    Npower
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:33 PM
    Npower 12th Mar 18 at 4:33 PM
    This is a statement asking if anyone recently has experience with this provider and the ombudsman.
    We have been with npower for 5 years plus and every year w e agreed a new tariff we were happy with.
    we felt however that things were getting out of hand when we were suddenly in serious debt and our monthly payment was tripled.
    This started a flurry of meter changes,complete reversal of all charges for at least 3 years,then they took it all back,bills confusing to where we cannot understand where one ends and another begins..!!!
    We are now in a situation where the ombudsman has seemingly discounted all our evidence and only seems to have considered npower's actions and conduct and strangely has come down on the side of them!!
    We now need serious help to know what our next step is.
    We are on a fixed income,my wife is disabled and this is driving us to an early grave.
    Please can someone help or just advise us of anyway forward.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 12th Mar 18, 4:38 PM
    • 10,506 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:38 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:38 PM
    Did you supply frequent meter readings during this period .
    Is this a catchup debt due to underpaying compared to usage .
  • nPower
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    This is a statement asking if anyone recently has experience with this provider and the ombudsman.
    We have been with npower for 5 years plus and every year w e agreed a new tariff we were happy with.
    we felt however that things were getting out of hand when we were suddenly in serious debt and our monthly payment was tripled.
    This started a flurry of meter changes,complete reversal of all charges for at least 3 years,then they took it all back,bills confusing to where we cannot understand where one ends and another begins..!!!
    We are now in a situation where the ombudsman has seemingly discounted all our evidence and only seems to have considered npower's actions and conduct and strangely has come down on the side of them!!
    We are on a fixed income,my wife is disabled and this is driving us to an early grave.
    Originally posted by jennieblue

Hi jennieblue,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your bills. I will be happy to take a look at this if you would like to send me an email (using the address from my profile) with your account details.

Thanks

Vicky
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 18, 8:20 AM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:20 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:20 AM
    My advice. Speak to Citizens Advice and ask for your situation to be referred to its Extra Help Unit. The Unit has direct access to CEO's Offices and it is well placed to provide you with the assistance that you need.
    • jennieblue
    • By jennieblue 13th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jennieblue
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    I do hope you can help as your scare tactics and threats are unnecessary
    I look forward to your reply..
    Last edited by jennieblue; 14-03-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    BooJewels
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:01 AM
    [personal details removed]
    I do hope you can help as your scare tactics and threats are unnecessary
    I look forward to your reply..
    I would highly recommend that you remove your personal details from your post and send them directly to Vicky using the email address in her profile as requested, just to protect your privacy. Good luck.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    I would highly recommend that you remove your personal details from your post and send them directly to Vicky using the email address in her profile as requested, just to protect your privacy. Good luck.
    Originally posted by BooJewels
    i agree. OP if you have not accepted The EO's Final Decision then the supplier is under no obligation to discuss your complaint again. By going to arbitration, you either have to accept The Final Decision or reject it. If you reject it, then the supplier is off the hook. My advice still stands: talk to Citizens Advice before doing anything else.
    • jennieblue
    • By jennieblue 20th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jennieblue
    • 20th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    how do i reply to you,it keeps saying you have disabled replies?
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 20th Mar 18, 1:39 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    BooJewels
    • 20th Mar 18, 1:39 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 1:39 PM
    how do i reply to you,it keeps saying you have disabled replies?
    Are you addressing that to Vicky from nPower?

If you go to their profile (click the name in their post above > View Public Profile) and in the first 'About Me' screen, in the area for interests, there is an email address, send your details to that address.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

617Posts Today

5,820Users online

Martin's Twitter