Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lou_lou_
    Flight Times Changed
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    Flight Times Changed 12th Mar 18 at 4:05 PM
    Is it really acceptable, that as a consumer I have to pay for new flights when an airline changes the flights Ive paid for, to a time I don't want?

Im left really annoyed today, after being told by the airline that its in their terms and conditions that they can change the times and even dates whenever they want and I have to just take that seat!

Ive now come to realise that the whole of the aviation industry functions this way. I cant think of another industry where you pay for something you exactly want and then the company changes it and expects you to either except their offer or go elsewhere without a refund of the money I paid.

I was trying to imagine buying pre paying for dinner in a restaurant only to find out a week before that they couldn't serve the food I wanted and id have to eat whatever they serve or go elsewhere, without my money back .....it just wouldn't happen!

What id like to know is, why they can't resell my seats and refund my money! Someone might like a flight that lands at 2AM!!
Page 1
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 12th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    Would help if you stated the flight times,date changed in relation to date of actual flight,who you are flying with etc.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    Yes please post all your details on the relevant airline thread, not a new personal thread. (it makes the board very cluttered and hinders regulars helping you)
    It is likely the airline are trying to fob you off, but without details we can't help.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    Hi

I cant find a TUI thread open and relating to this.

How do i allocate to the correct forum?
    Last edited by lou_lou_; 12-03-2018 at 6:56 PM.
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    These are the flight details:

Tenerife South Airport > Birmingham
    International Airport
    05/04/18 20:25 06/04/18 00:45 TOM7453

The flight time now lands around 02.05 am and I would never have booked this holiday with this flight time. Regardless of the 1.5 hours difference
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 12th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    These are the flight details:

Tenerife South Airport > Birmingham
    International Airport
    05/04/18 20:25 06/04/18 00:45 TOM7453

The flight time now lands around 02.05 am and I would never have booked this holiday with this flight time. Regardless of the 1.5 hours difference
    Originally posted by lou_lou_
    What difference does landing at 2.05 rather than 0.45 make?

What would you have done if the flight was slightly delayed based on the original times?

An hour and a half is nothing!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    Thomson thread please.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 13th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    What difference does landing at 2.05 rather than 0.45 make?

What would you have done if the flight was slightly delayed based on the original times?

An hour and a half is nothing!
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    It doesn't matter if its half an hour, 2 hours or 5 hours its not the time I wanted to land! If I wanted a 2am landing I would have bought a flight with a 2am landing.

My argument is: If I bought a top online and they sent me one slightly different version (and I didn't like it), id send that back and that would be the norm. Why anyone thinks its ok as a consumer to purchase something in advance, have changes made to the item (however small) and then be told I cant send it back is bizarre!

I was risking buying that flight in the first place, as i have to be in Devon for 6am (from Birmingham) and now its completely messed up.

Annoying beyond belief.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 3,160 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    My argument is: If I bought a top online and they sent me one slightly different version (and I didn't like it), id send that back and that would be the norm. Why anyone thinks its ok as a consumer to purchase something in advance, have changes made to the item (however small) and then be told I cant send it back is bizarre!
    Departure/arrival times do not form part of your contract with the airline. If you don't like the contract then don't agree to it. I don't use holiday companies like TUI because they reserve the right to change schedules up to 12 hours.
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 13th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    I agree I never book package deals normally ...boyfriend seemed to have confidence in them! I have resorted to avoiding like the plague after this holiday.

All airlines seem to have the same terms and conditions. so unless we all buy private planes for ourselves we are in a head lock!
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 3,160 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Yeah, most airlines reserve the right to make changes but many (e.g. BA, KLM, Brussels Airlines) will let you cancel for a refund if the change is more than 2 hours and will offer to rebook if the change is less than that. Wouldn't have made a difference in your case but it's better than the 12 hour rule imposed by TUI, Thomas Cook, etc.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 11,190 Posts
    • 7,342 Thanks
    Caz3121
    All airlines seem to have the same terms and conditions. so unless we all buy private planes for ourselves we are in a head lock!
    different airlines have different definitions of what constitutes a major change and allows you to cancel for full refund. Many airlines will give refund if the change is over 2 hours (but TUI state 12 hours) there are possibly airlines that would allow you to cancel for a change less than 2 hours but you would need to check the conditions of carriage.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 13th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    It doesn't matter if its half an hour, 2 hours or 5 hours its not the time I wanted to land! If I wanted a 2am landing I would have bought a flight with a 2am landing.

I was risking buying that flight in the first place, as i have to be in Devon for 6am (from Birmingham) and now its completely messed up.

Annoying beyond belief.
    So you were always going to be cutting it very fine, and would be scuppered by any delay.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin